Refrigerators -- "connie"?

Maraprince

They do have fridges at least in the balcony rooms.

STANJJ111,

But not in the outside cabins? One of my cabinmates is a diabetic and needs to store her insulin. If there is no refrigerator in the cabin, she will need to call the cabin steward when she needs it every day.

MARAPRINCE

bILLc,

FANTASTIC! I Have been trying to find out about them!

Thanks a bunch!

MARAPRINCE

There are refrigerators in all the staterooms.

True, but they have the mini-bar stocked in them and just keep things cool and not cold. You can have some items removed if you need the room. Also, room steward will bring ice if you need it for extra cooling.

The rooms have refrigerators but they are stocked with mini-bar stuff. Does that mean that they have to be emptied in able to use them?

I always assumed they were mini-bars, thus I never had them even unlocked for a cruise!

Cheryl

We've at times emptied part or all of the mini bar contents, or had the steward do so. When the steward has done it he's just put the contents in the shelf above the fridge.

But don't count on this helping a lot. We've found these fridges are not great, barely a little cool and pretty small. Definitely no ice.

If your friend needs to keep insulin cold, I would suggest they talk to Celebrity directly, or through their travel agent, to make arrangements. I've read comments on these boards about them bringing in special refrigerators for insulin or adjusting the in-room fridges. They should also speak to their room steward about this ASAP after boarding. Since this need is relatively common, I'd imagine that they have procedures for handling it.

Just let Celebrity know the diabetic guest needs a fridge to keep insulin. They will see that there is a fridge in the cabin (if there wasn't one), and they'll also ask if you need a container for the sharps. If you booked directly, contact CEL, if thru an agent, contact the agent who can send an e-mail to CEL's special services area.

Archived