Time from Port of Miami to Ft. Lauderdale

Saracruise

It takes about 40 minutes to get from Port of Miami to FLL with average traffic. Given this is a holiday weekend, I wouldn't book a flight before 1 p.m.

You can't always assume the debarkation process will start at 7 a.m. Twice (both times in Miami) our debarkation was held up due to the dogs sniffing drugs in someone's luggage (both times one of our port stops was Jamaica!). They didn't start calling people off until 10:30 a.m.

• 2 weeks later...

Sara........(and Ron)

Hey! How's it going??? John and I just returned from the Liberty of the Seas(out of Miami). We took our own luggage off(express debarkation?). They called for us to leave the ship at 6:20 AM.........we were still having breakfast, and were not in that big a hurry to leave the ship! We did get off around 7:00 or 7:15, and were driving away from the parking garage at 7:30. (Yes, we drove to and from Miami..over 1100 miles each way!) There may be an excursion to FLL from port of Miami......one does the airboats in the everglades(John and I did that last year.....fun, but I think you must have a late afternoon flight to do it...maybe after 3). The other excursion does the island queen sightseeing boat from Bayside that we did last year, then takes you to FLL or MIA. There may be one to South Beach or just bus sightseeing then a trip to the airports. Check on the RCI website for the excursions in Miami.

Oh, and if you go back to Labadee.............do the Dragon's Breath Flight Line! It is the longest over water zipline in the world. We did it, and John also did the flowrider.......

Have fun on your upcoming cruises!!!!!!

Kay

Archived