Getting My Daily Chocolate Fix on the Oosterdam

Brewhaha

Congratulations on taking your first cruise.

I prefer DARK chocolate so I have to bring my lown supply.

KRAZY KRUIZERS...

I PREFER DARK CHOCOLATE ALSO AND I DID HAVE SOME REALLY GOOD DARK CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES ALONG THE WAY ON THE OOSTERDAM. I JUST HONESTLY CANNOT REMEMBER WHERE! I THINK IT WAS PROBABLY IN THE NEPTUNE LOUNGE AND AT OUR SUITE LUNCHEON. BUT POSSIBBLY THERE WAS SOME AT THE DESSERT EXTRAVAGANZA AND AT THE DUTCH AFTERNOON TEA.

YOU CAN ALWAYS BUY SOME WHILE AT PORTS!:)

And like any true friend, it sticks with you! :D Yes, it's a real chocolate fix.

That's right.

3 months after your cruise you can get on a scale and succesfully say, "Hi mr. volcano cake. I see you're still with me."

Mary, a few spoonfuls of that chocolate will not stay with you. Walk the decks, swim, exercise, and you can dip that spoon in it a few times at least. It's all the rest of the things and amounts that we consume all day that stay with us. I actually lost a pound on my last cruise. I had to get on the scale three times to believe it. I don't know how it happened. Maybe all the extra walking?:confused:

I posted the following a few weeks ago:

For chocolate fans out there... for folks going to Sitka, the Chocolate Moose is a wonderful chocolate store and carries Joseph Schmidt (San Francisco) chocolate truffles. These are probably the best chocolate truffles available in the U.S. Not far behind is Ketchicandies' chocolate truffles in Ketchikan. Some of the best Canadian chocolate truffles are found in Victoria at Rogers Chocolates only a block up from the Empress Hotel and Rogers stays open until 10 pm on the nights the cruise ships come into port. Their chocolate cremes and ice wine truffles are just a joy.

There was also a good chocolate place in Juneau but I cannot recall the name of it. I think it was the Alaskan Fudge Company, across the street from the Red Dog Saloon but can't remember exactly... but their chocolates were also pretty darn good.

Mary, a few spoonfuls of that chocolate will not stay with you. Walk the decks, swim, exercise, and you can dip that spoon in it a few times at least. It's all the rest of the things and amounts that we consume all day that stay with us. I actually lost a pound on my last cruise. I had to get on the scale three times to believe it. I don't know how it happened. Maybe all the extra walking?:confused:

Oh yes, I know. DH and I fell in LOVE with the gym on board. I just adore the elliptical machine!! In fact, DH is getting me one for our anniversary. LOL.

I was just making a silly joke ;)

I posted the following a few weeks ago:

For chocolate fans out there... for folks going to Sitka, the Chocolate Moose is a wonderful chocolate store and carries Joseph Schmidt (San Francisco) chocolate truffles. These are probably the best chocolate truffles available in the U.S. Not far behind is Ketchicandies' chocolate truffles in Ketchikan. Some of the best Canadian chocolate truffles are found in Victoria at Rogers Chocolates only a block up from the Empress Hotel and Rogers stays open until 10 pm on the nights the cruise ships come into port. Their chocolate cremes and ice wine truffles are just a joy.

There was also a good chocolate place in Juneau but I cannot recall the name of it. I think it was the Alaskan Fudge Company, across the street from the Red Dog Saloon but can't remember exactly... but their chocolates were also pretty darn good.

I never fail to stop at Ketchicandies in Ketchikan for their delicious fudge!

Very creamy!

Maybe it's just me but I didn't think the fudge was as good in Juneau. So if you get fudge, get it in Ketchikan.:) I didn't try the chocolate at the Alaskan Fudge Company.....just the fudge. I will have to try the regular chocolate when I am there in September.:)

Archived