Venice Airport to Ship Terminal

Need info on getting from Venice, Italy airport to Princess ship terminal on my own? Could someone please help me? Do you take a water taxi? Is there a regular service that runs to the cruise terminal from the airport?

Need info on getting from Venice, Italy airport to Princess ship terminal on my own? Could someone please help me? Do you take a water taxi? Is there a regular service that runs to the cruise terminal from the airport?

Not sure if there is a bus that goes from the airport to the cruise terminal,but you could ask at the airport help desk near the entrance..if not just take a taxi.You won't need a water taxi.

We used the local bus to the airport in May and it worked out great. The bus has a luggage compartment below that you put your luggage in so you don't have to take it on the bus with you. I think it was 3E. Very comfortable bus and a nice 30 min. ride.

If you do a search on 'venice' you will find that this is one of the most popular questions ever asked.

Personally I took the bus from the airport for a few € - but the 'free' bus never showed so we went to bus stop C3 - which is right by the steps down to the Grand Canal - and caught the #6/ bus [important that it is the #6/ and not just the #6] to the port gates. The driver never charged us and the bus was crammed with fellow cruisers and their luggage.

If you do a search on 'venice' you will find that this is one of the most popular questions ever asked.

Personally I took the bus from the airport for a few € - but the 'free' bus never showed so we went to bus stop C3 - which is right by the steps down to the Grand Canal - and caught the #6/ bus [important that it is the #6/ and not just the #6] to the port gates. The driver never charged us and the bus was crammed with fellow cruisers and their luggage.

We also went to Piazzale Roma and searched for the free shuttle bus to the port. There were about six groups of us looking for it that day - never came. I think I just read somewhere here on the boards recently that the FREE shuttle to the port only runs Sunday-Friday (can't find that posting right now), so that would explain us not being able to "find" it as we were there for embarkation on a Saturday!

We all ended up doing as described above and catching the city's 6/ bus right to the entrance of the port. The other options from Piazzale Rome are:1) Walk; 2) catch a taxi; 3) Pay for a water bus ride there

Your easiest option is to take an ordinary land taxi - it will take you straight to the ship's terminal. There is no need to go to Piazzale Roma first. If you are on a budget then of course the bus will be cheaper.

Do you know the approximate charge for taxi from port to airport? Two weeks ago the limo that I had booked in Jan. was 1/2 hour late picking us up. The charge was 65 Euros.( plus tip). I had to pay half in advance which is why we waited.

I will not do business with them again and I have the feeling that a taxi for the 25 minute ride is less expensive.

So sorry - can't really remember although it wasn't that. I would have remembered if it had been that much! There is also a water bus service straight to the port which was also cheaper but an ordinary taxi was very easy with the luggage.

Archived