Lobster on Celebrity

Morganw42

I'm taking my parents and my brother's family on a 7 night Millennium 1/06/2008. None have them have ever been on a cruise and my wife and I have never been on Celebrity. My mom has been reading obsessively about cruising since we planned the trip and is hung up on the whole idea of "Lobster Night". I don't know why, we grew up in Vermont with easy access to real Maine lobster and my wife is from Maine so she's a lobster expert, we all know and expect the lobster to be just warm water tails. But mom's looking forward to it and it is her first cruise so here goes:

1. Does Celebrity even have a "Lobster Night"?

2. What night is it on? My wife and I are much more interested in eating in the Olympic dining room, but my Mom is being a chicken about making a reservation because she's afraid of missing the aforementioned crustacean massacre. Does anybody know what night lobster is served on a 7 night Milly cruise so I can make sure to get my reservations right?

1. As others have state, the lobster is served on the last formal night. And it is also the night of the midnight grand buffet which you do not want to miss - at least to view if you aren't hungry.

2. That can be up to two days before the last night of the cruise. When you board, there will be a daily in your cabin that has the itinerary as well as the dress code for each night listed on the first page. So you can see when to make your reservations. If you are a member of Captain's Club (are at the over 5 cruise credit level on Royal Caribbean) and had already made your reservations for lobster night, you can easily chage them.

Hi Morgan, to get back to the reason for your question, when to make reservations for the Specialty Restaurant--the day you'll be in San Juan, I think its the 3rd night, Tuesday you'll be in port until 8pm. That's usually a good night to go to the Olympic Restaurant. My experience has been that those nights when a lot of people will miss dinner because of touring, the entertainment is very thin and food in the dining room is the least lavish. I'll put my 2 cents in on the lobster issue. It's kind of hit and miss but the waiters usually bring extra lobster tails around and sometimes if the first one was nothing special the next one is surprisingly good.

Maine its not!!!

Irene

As others have mentioned, the lobster which is served on the last formal dinner is pretty mediocre. DW and our tablemates who had ordered lobster as the main curse got their lobster tails even burned.

Incidentally, I made it better: I ordered an appetizer, no soup, no salad, lobster and an additional main dish (rack of lamb). My lobster (which was served some 15 min before everybody elso got their lobster) was pretty well cooked (however, the lamb was overcooked, but the lobster tail was enough to fill you up).

We also had lobster in the specialty restaurant (Murano on the Century) which is on the menu all night. The dish is named lobster and scallops and I was served three (3) baby lobster tails. They were well cooked but too salty for my taste.

No it's not. It's just Caribbean rock lobster. But all you can eat lobster is still great lobster.

Just off the Galaxy July 23 sailing and the lobster night was the last formal dinner (of 3 for 11 night cruise) on our day at sea.

You can order as many as you like however 2 is plenty and even with one tail and the strip loin as a side for surf and turf it becomes a lot of food as our traveling partners found out.

I can confirm that they are Caribbean lobster tails and they are previously frozen and they are a bit on the chewy side.

Got back from Constellation this morning - lobster a couple of nights ago was chewy. We'd ordered it along with the prime rib and glad we did - I didn't eat it. Prime rib was good though.

Archived