Switch ships to go from Aft to Hump?

No Way, No How!!!

It wouldn't matter to me where we were going. I absolutely LOVE aft! Guess it's the nosy factor.....With aft, I can see both sides and when I'm port or starboard, I always wonder what the other side is seeing!

Now, having said that.....If it means no cruise, I'll always go with a side balcony but IF I have a choice, I want an aft. It's so quiet and peaceful there and the wake is beautiful.

Sharon

As others posted, it depends on the ship. I'd keep a Radiance class aft, but the Freedom was just too big for us and it took forever to get to our aft cabin. We didn't utilize our aft balcony very much and think we would have enjoyed the cruise much more had we been more mid-ship.

We're booked on the Mariner (aft deck 7) but could get a hump on the Liberty. However, I really don't want to compare the itins, because to us they are equal. Yes, the Liberty is bigger (flowrider and H2O), but the Mariner goes out of PC which is much more convenient (driving from Jacksonville, FL). This is all about cabin for us. We've done an aft balcony on HAL and loved it, but people rave so much about the hump cabins that I thought maybe we were missing the boat, so to say.;) Our 1/09 booking on LOS will probably change to Carnival Liberty, so we wouldn't be repeating that ship.

The Mariner is a great ship, and you should get a chance to go on her before she moves to LA. You'll love the Mariner. You'll also love your aft cabin. Anyway, you'll be having too much fun to worry about your cabin.

We'll stick with the Mariner, even though I'm not thrilled with the rate we got, and it's not my first choice for itin. We booked for ship (she looks beautiful) and sailing date (anniversary). Cabin does matter to us quite a bit when the kids aren't there. We like to spend time in our cabin and on the balcony relaxing and usually take food back there instead of eating at the buffet. Our cabin on the Rhapsody was so irritatingly small that I want to make sure we're comfortable, and if the view from a hump is all that special, then it's worth switching ships. I'm going to pull up the Rhapsody and compare the square footage of what we had to what we've booked on the Mariner. I don't know why that didn't occur to me before.

**Got the answer, and our cabin is 31 sq ft more plus the balcony. I'm wondering if that's a big enough difference, but it should help.

Archived