First-time River Cruise?

Marissa31

My family, a group of 11 inc. seniors, adults, and college-aged kids, has enjoyed a number of mainstream cruises on the major lines and we're starting to think about a trip for next summer. I'm intrigued by the idea of a river or barge cruise, but don't know much of anything about them. We're probably most interested in Europe. Does anyone have any tips on where I should start looking? Thanks!

Marissa, you are in exactly the right place to start looking! There are THOUSANDS of posts in this River Cruises Board that will take you weeks to digest and you will learn so much by just reading what is already here.

After you have done that you will be in a better position to ask specific questions and will find that you will receive lots of helpful advice if your inquiry is not so general.

Clarence:)

My family, a group of 11 inc. seniors, adults, and college-aged kids, has enjoyed a number of mainstream cruises on the major lines and we're starting to think about a trip for next summer. I'm intrigued by the idea of a river or barge cruise, but don't know much of anything about them. We're probably most interested in Europe. Does anyone have any tips on where I should start looking? Thanks!

I hear you!!!

I was in a headspin trying to decide which riverboat cruise to book. I knew where I wanted to go and how long I wanted the cruise to be. So I guess, start there.

I read these boards everyday trying to absorb information on river cruising. Also look at all the cruiseline web sites, that's how I found which cruise line I booked. They had the exact itinerary I wanted without adding any additional days onto my trip.

I really do enjoy reading the information here. So many people with so much experience.

Good luck and have fun!

Archived