Upgraded to Sky suite!

chrismch

Got a call from my TA today that Celebrity upgraded us from our conceirge class aft cabin to a mid ship sky suite. What a surprise! It looked like the cruise was all sold out except the SS cabins.

So as I have never had a SS cabin before what do we expect. It says butler service can unpack for us - which we always hate to do. It says we can have insuite lunch & dinner. Does that mean from the dining room & buffet choices but not specialty restaurants? Can our butler get croissants from Cafe Cova?

What else do I need to know? I am so excited!

I've stayed in Sky Suites twice. Yes, the butler can unpack for the occupants. However, I prefer to do it myself, as I will know where all my stuff are, and I don't like other people handling my underwear or inspecting the quality of my clothes. I unpack as soon as my luggage are in the cabin. I'm sure, though, that your butler will ask you first if he can unpack for you, and you can politely decline.

Yes, your butler can get you croissants from Cova, even cappuccino, waffles, martinis or just about anything else. There is a lunch menu, but you can order dinner from the evening menu, and be served course by course.

Enjoy your experience in the Sky Suite.

Donald.

I specifically chose my AFT CC cabin. Can they just change it, even if it is an upgrade? Just wondering.

Cheryl

Do you have one of the rear facing aft balconies on the stern? If so I would be wondering too. The aft would be my choice over the SS. If you don't want an upgrade surprise, let X know it now.

Now, the OP said she had an aft CC, but I'm not sure she has an aft rear facing balcony or not. From a normal CC to a SS would be a good upgrade if you don't mind paying extra for the butler (about $7 per day).

The CC cabin is 191 sq.ft. The SS is 251 sq.ft. for about a 30% larger cabin. It also has more space for dining insuite - which on this cruise is a plus. Our cruise is so port intensive with 2 overnites that dining in our room will be a welcome relief. The extra for the butler is fine with us as long as he/she provides services we need. And having what appears to be a normal landsized bathroom is also a nice perk. So all that stated, I definitely appreciate the upgrade!

I saw some pix of what was listed as a sky suite showing 2 sinks in the bathroom with a separate shower and tub. Is that correct? Or was that a RS upgrade?

Which ship will you be on? I had Sky Suites on both the Summit and Infinity, and there was only one sink in the bathroom, and the shower was in the tub. It looks as though you were upgraded to a Royal Suite?

Donald.

I'm a bit confused. We also were upgraded to a sky suite, we were in an FO room (we're traveling on Galaxy next month). There's only three of us so the space difference will not be a big factor. Do different ships have different amenities for the same class of rooms? Or are sky suites on one boat different from that on another. I didn't think our sky suite had a butler. Great surprise if it did though!

Ron

You may find it hard to find your butler on embarkation day to get them to unpack as they are trying to do the basic activities for all the cabins they look after. I unpack as I want it all done before lifeboat muster and then I can relax for sailaway.

You can have in suite dining from the main restaurant menu not the speciality restaurant.

As long as Cova is open, you can ask your butler to include Cova products on the breakfast tray. You will need to write on the order that you want the croissants from Cova and not the galley and as I recall Cova only opens at 0830 so you would need to be having breakfast after about 0830

There is only one sink in the Sky suite with the shower over a spa bath. We love the sky suites and you will have a lovely time - enjoy!!

Okay, now I'm a little worried...on our first cruise on Mercury, we booked waaay ahead, and we upgraded from an oceanview to a deluxe oceanview.

Now, we have snagged aft CC cabins......last time when we were upgraded, we didn't find out until we were embarking. Is it possible for them to upgrade us without telling us? I would really need to weigh my options since we have the great aft cabin.

I don't think I'd want to move for a Sky suite...maybe for a CS or RS though! :) Should I contact celebrity? Or just wait and see what happens? Our sailing is in late March...don't think there will be big crowds that week (it was way too easy to get 2 aft cabins, which makes me think it won't be a full sailing).

Okay, now I'm a little worried...on our first cruise on Mercury, we booked waaay ahead, and we upgraded from an oceanview to a deluxe oceanview.

Now, we have snagged aft CC cabins......last time when we were upgraded, we didn't find out until we were embarking. Is it possible for them to upgrade us without telling us? I would really need to weigh my options since we have the great aft cabin.

I don't think I'd want to move for a Sky suite...maybe for a CS or RS though! :) Should I contact celebrity? Or just wait and see what happens? Our sailing is in late March...don't think there will be big crowds that week (it was way too easy to get 2 aft cabins, which makes me think it won't be a full sailing).

You didn't mention which ship you'll be on...

Sailings in late March are usually quite full. It's Spring Break, and families cruise during those weeks. If you booked through Celebrity, you may want to call them, and request that your cabin NOT be changed. If you booked through a TA, you can do the same also.

Karyn

Back in 1/06 we were upgraded from our aft balcony (8172) on the Connie to a Sky Suite. We found out when we got our travel documents and saw the different room number. We called our travel agent and had them turn it down as we decided the larger balcony was better for us. We used the SS documents to check in, but they had our original room in the system so no hassles there. We're going to Alaska 6/08 on the Infinity. We liked 8172 so much that we'll have it again for that cruise - we also told the travel agent that we didn't want any upgrades (unless they were to something like a CS or RS of course!).

Archived