Best Alaskan Cruise out of Seattle

momofmn00

I am hoping to plan an Alaskan Cruise for my DH parents and was wating opinions on what the best Cruises out of Seattle are. Seattle because my MIL has some family there and will probably want to spend a day before or after their cruise there visiting.....

What are the best cruises?

Which cruiselines?

What are the best rooms? Balcony?

This is really hard because I am a Caribbean CRuise Girl myself!!!!;)

Thanks for ALL who help me!!!!

we had the same thing, last year. SIL lives near seattle, FIL was living with her. turns out they went on the cruise with us, where they won't from any other port.

we did the NCL star ...as much as i loved that ship, the route is the main thing. the route we did, last year, is being done by the newer ship...NCL pearl.

the things i liked best about NCL for alaska:

we ate when it worked best for us, loved it. some evenings that was 6:30, other times it was 9 pm. casual clothes...no ties, no hose, no high heels...it was wonderful. some nights we ate as a family, other nights we went our own way. on the star,we had over 8 different dining venues.

we would come back to the ship, usually wet and cold (we went in sept),

changed to warm clothes and met the family. there wasn't time for formal clothes or set dining hours..we would have had to eat at the buffet on any other cruise line.

We're leaving from Seattle on Aug 3 on the Vision of the Seas to Alaska (Skagway, Juneau, Tracy Arm Fjord) in a balcony cabin. It was a bit pricey but anything is worth escaping the summer broiling season in Phoenix!

Archived