Is this an international site or not?

mochuck

I'm just having a litle bit of a whinge but I'm getting a bit sick of competitions on this website that are for US reidents only.:p

Hi mochuck,

I agree, but can understand why they don't. I will try not to be too controversial with my answer.

Cruise Critic is a US based site, and their income is derived by promoting & linking to the purchases of cruises sold from North America. They do not gain from offering prizes to other Countries. This is no different to other US sites I regularly visit.

I do not generally choose to compete in online competitions anyway, as it is a quick way to get your mailbox filled with SPAM. Cruise Critic is a great resource for cruise knowledge, so I love them for that. Everyones knowledge here is available free of charge.

Cheers,

I'm just having a litle bit of a whinge but I'm getting a bit sick of competitions on this website that are for US reidents only.:p

Occasionally Canadians can join in on the on line competitions, however, I have never participated. Love CC for all the great info.:) :D :) :D

Like the one on this page for tripadvisor. Win a free trip every year.

Don't get me wrong, I love the site its full of useful information. I understand that its owned and operated by a US company (tripadvisor as it happens) but the ads aren't just for cruises and are often for international tours. Like this page has an ad for a NZ tour company and the Mediterranean pages have ads for tours in Rome etc.

I can only assume there are legal reasons that make it too difficult to allow international entrants.

I hardly ever enter any of those things. Sometimes they use your information that you have to enter and you end up with unwanted spam or maybe worse. Anyway, I have never won anything anyway. I know, somebody has to win, but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carol

Archived