Weather in March? Help?

leonardjan

Hi,

We are looking at doing a South America cruise in early March. We are from Canada and need some warm, sunny weather! Can anyone tell me what the temperatures would be like on this cruise? How cold is it around Cape Horn? How much of the cruise will be bathing suit weather?

Thanks!!!!!!!!

J Lo

can't help you with temperatures,but be aware that sailing from santiago[valparaiso]you will be charged $u.s.132.00.exit fee.wheras buenos aires to valparaiso costs just$u.s15.00.there you have not started yet and i have saved you$u.s.234.00.for two persons.lol

Next year we will be on the Star Princess leaving from Buenos Aires on March 30th. Just for grins, this year I checked the weather in Punta Arenas, Chile, on April 6th, the date we will be there next year. The forecast that day was for a high of 53 and a low of 40, with a 24 mph wind.:eek:

I don't anticipate much bathing suit weather. Maybe the first day out of Buenos Aires and a day or two before arriving in Valparaiso. Perhaps someone who has already "been there, done that" can tell us what they experienced.

Are you looking at Buenos Aires to Valparaiso?

As you know weather can vary from year to year but that time of the year you should expect highs to be in the low 80s in both of these ports. But as you go South from these ports the weather is cooler and when you are furthest from these points expect highs anywhere from the mid 40s to say the high 50's. You may have some day somehwhat warmer than these so please do not hold me to this. When you go around Cape Horn it will be cool on deck so you'll want to have a jacket with you. Again, all of this is relative and since you are from Canada you may think this is warm.

It's a wonderful trip and we have met many fellow passengers from places such as Canada, the Northeast and the United Kingdon who travel to South America to get away from the cold.

The scenery is beautiful and I highly recommend this cruise.

Keith

we have booked for 3/13/2009 on Radiance of the Seas Brazil to Chili, 16 day cruise. We are a group of 9 couples who are friends. I have started a thread for this cruise on RCCL threads, hope some others might join us. We are a fun group...........Lynne

Archived