most beautiful ship at sea?

I love to cruise and don't usually choose a cruise based on the decor of the ship. However, I would love to cruise on a beautiful ship with great dining and elegant decor that is also not too out of my price range and I am considering uping my price range for 2009 and instead of doing more than one cruise just doing 1 but on a more beautiful, elegant ship. I have been thinking about booking on Celebrity's Solstice for 2009.

So far the two most beautiful ships I have been on are RCCL's Radiance OTS and HAL Zuiderdam. I loved all the glass and how open to the sea the Radiance was but I loved all the quiet nooks and crannies on the Zuiderdam and the teak decks.

What is the most beautiful ship you have been on and which would you recommend for a 7 - 10 night caribbean in 2009?

Jodie

I thought the Caribbean Princess was a great ship. But by the looks of it, the Crown Princess is probably the nicest in the Princess fleet. (Not sure what the Emerald looks like)

Somebody made an album of over 200 pictures of the Crown. If you can find it take a look. Shes a beautiful ship.

Both Crystal ships are beautiful. No Vegas-type neon glitz and beautifully shaped bow and stern. Their public rooms are very tastefully done in colors that don't overwhelm. The interior of the RCCI ships are just too much in every way--especially the atruims--they look like overcrowded public markets. I don't like the perfectly flat sterns of the Princess ships---they look like they've been chopped off. Exterior-wise, the QE2 and QM2 are beautiful traditional-looking ships.

Archived