Cruise Codes

Palmsandsun

I just try them all, many only one will work at any given time.

P1S is the current sale code for this week, its in the small print of the emails they send out (if you get them). There is no place to find them other than the emails or kind folks who post them here.

My old codes are DP3, PDW, DP7, PR1 (for finding resident specials after you put in your address), PCDP45. I have a few more but none are working lately.

Firefly forgot a couple.

BCA is the default code, and is filled in on the web page automatically. Probably stands for "Best Cabin Available" or something.

There's also a new code I haven't seen anyone post here yet. It came in an email recently, and is good for $200 On Board Credit (OBC) on Freedom or Splendor - but it also requires a past cruiser number. From memory the code was DS1 (or maybe D1S?). I'll check it later tonight when I get home and can access my email. Plus I'll paste the exact text of the email.

Also, an easier way to compare the effect of different codes is to substitute them directly in the browser URL, rather than having to go back/forward through the pages over and over.

I spent some time searching online and I think I've got the codes pretty well figured out. Searching on Google with criteria like:

"fare code" site:http://www.carnival.com/

or the whole web for specific codes (ie "fare code CP1S") leaves very little undiscovered. Here's what I found...

Base URL for all Promotions:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/static_templates/promos/

Fare Codes:

=========================================================

BCA - Default. "Best Cabin Available"

P1S - One Day Sales (ods_MMYY.aspx)

Note: Sale lasts a whole month. Substitute MMYY with actual month & year, for example "may07", "july07", etc

DP1 - Past Guest Special

DP3 - Past Guest Special

DP5 - Past Guest Reunion Specials (pg_reunion_cruises.aspx )

DP7 - Past Guest Specials (pg_specials.aspx, pg_holiday_pastguestoffer07.aspx)

PR1 - Florida Resident Specials

PR2 - Canadian Resident Specials

PM1 - Military Specials (militarypromotion_2006.aspx)

PM2 - Military Specials

PM3 - Military Specials

OAK - Alaska Itinerary Specials (alaska_08.aspx)

PWC - Presidential Wine Club

OWR - Misc Special (URL varies, example Wed_071107.aspx)

DW7 - Misc Special (URL varies, example europe2008/index.aspx)

PDW - Misc Special (URL varies, example Wed_071807.aspx)

PBA - Misc Special (URL varies, example august_sale.aspx)

OLB - Misc Special (URL varies, example rusty_wallace_cruise2008.aspx, freedom_specials_pg.aspx)

Note: For the genuinely "special" specials that only last a couple days, it's easier to try to fudge the URL than guess the code. Wednesday seems like a popular day to put up their web page (in advance of sending out the email). So, for example, try Wed_072607.aspx tomorrow.

Firefly forgot a couple.

BCA is the default code, and is filled in on the web page automatically. Probably stands for "Best Cabin Available" or something.

Yes, BCA is the default, and I had a few more written down but they had not worked recently so I was not sure if they were still valid.

Looks like someone posted a really handy cheat cheat, thanks RatherBFishin

I spent some time searching online and I think I've got the codes pretty well figured out. Searching on Google with criteria like:

"fare code" site:http://www.carnival.com/

or the whole web for specific codes (ie "fare code CP1S") leaves very little undiscovered. Here's what I found...

Base URL for all Promotions:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/static_templates/promos/

Fare Codes:

=========================================================

BCA - Default. "Best Cabin Available"

P1S - One Day Sales (ods_MMYY.aspx)

Note: Sale lasts a whole month. Substitute MMYY with actual month & year, for example "may07", "july07", etc

DP1 - Past Guest Special

DP3 - Past Guest Special

DP5 - Past Guest Reunion Specials (pg_reunion_cruises.aspx )

DP7 - Past Guest Specials (pg_specials.aspx, pg_holiday_pastguestoffer07.aspx)

PR1 - Florida Resident Specials

PR2 - Canadian Resident Specials

PM1 - Military Specials (militarypromotion_2006.aspx)

PM2 - Military Specials

PM3 - Military Specials

OAK - Alaska Itinerary Specials (alaska_08.aspx)

PWC - Presidential Wine Club

OWR - Misc Special (URL varies, example Wed_071107.aspx)

DW7 - Misc Special (URL varies, example europe2008/index.aspx)

PDW - Misc Special (URL varies, example Wed_071807.aspx)

PBA - Misc Special (URL varies, example august_sale.aspx)

OLB - Misc Special (URL varies, example rusty_wallace_cruise2008.aspx, freedom_specials_pg.aspx)

Note: For the genuinely "special" specials that only last a couple days, it's easier to try to fudge the URL than guess the code. Wednesday seems like a popular day to put up their web page (in advance of sending out the email). So, for example, try Wed_072607.aspx tomorrow.

Where would you type, "Wed_072607.aspx" ?? thanks toni

Looks like someone posted a really handy cheat cheat, thanks RatherBFishin

My pleasure. It was fun hacking around last night.

Just wanted to point out though that the comment about having to rely on Carnival's emails is not 100% true. I'm pretty sure Carnival creates "static" web pages with these sales specifically to allow the search engines (eg Google) to find and index the content.

As an experiment, I bet you a chocolate covered donut that next months P1S page is:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/static_templates/promos/ods_august07.aspx

(assuming there is a sale at all)

Also, for the techies, "CMS" in the url stands for "content management system". If I can figure out which one they use (probably SharePoint Portal Server given the ".aspx" extension) I might be able to dig deeper. I'd love to be able to figure out where they "stage" the web pages before they get released to the public.

Tack it onto the end of base URL in your browser.

I am so not good with this stuff LOL

this is what i got when i did that

SHIPSDESTINATIONSONBOARD EXPERIENCESHORE EXCURSIONSGIFTSSPECIALSnav_bar_border_right.gifspacer.giferror_logo.gifWe apologize, due to the current changes of our web site the page you have requested is no longer available.

To proceed to the Carnival.com homepage click "Home".

error_home_button.gif

To go back to the last page you visited click "Back".

error_back_button.gif http://carnival.com/Errors/404.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/Wed_072607.aspx

I am so not good with this stuff LOL

this is what i got when i did that...

There's no guarantee that there's any special sale going on. If the page doesn't exist (or if they change their naming convention) then you just get bounced to that error page. Next Thursday, try something like:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/static_templates/promos/Wed_080107.aspx

Who knows, it only takes a second to try. It's all just monkeying around to see what can be seen. Like a treasure hunt.

We used to have a link that showed what the TAs see for all the specials on one page, but now the link no longer works, maybe you can find a way back into that page without a TA signing in to show it to us.

It used to have fax in the name of the page when you saved it under specials. Now the link says TA please sign in.

We used to have a link that showed what the TAs see for all the specials on one page, but now the link no longer works, maybe you can find a way back into that page without a TA signing in to show it to us.

It used to have fax in the name of the page when you saved it under specials. Now the link says TA please sign in.

You mean something like this?

https://www.bookccl.com/salestools/FunFaxes/Promotions/T1GEN.pdf

You can simply search Google for:

site:https://www.bookccl.com/salestools/FunFaxes/

and see all the PDF's they have. They are Adobe Acrobat documents because (I believe) they are literally "faxed" out to the TA's. There are several folders under FunFaxes, including:

/Promotions

/Past%20Guest

/Groups

/FunItin

/Seniors

The problem with trying to get to the master list of the PDF's is that it really does require logging in. I tried some of the simple ways of getting around it (which is not an appropriate topic for this forum), but it looks like you're going to have to target one fax at a time.

Archived