Nordstrom Sales

mdmomof7

Don't forget the anniversary sale started this past Friday the 20th and runs through Aug. 6th.

And...Nordstrom Rack just today received new arrivals. I was there yesterday for 7 hours and didn't make a dent in what was to be found! I happened to be at the one in Dulles, VA, because I took dd and friends to their flight, and it is so much better than our overcrowded ones in MD!! As I was leaving (last customer out the door!) they asked me if I was coming tomorrow (today now) at 9AM because their new arrival event started today! Wow! I can't imagine! I found so many cute shoes and many are still available in the store, but for more $$. The deal of the day has to be brown Coach lace up shoes for $34.90! It says they are worn and refinished, but I couldn't figure out how they we were worn. They even smell new! lol! They are so comfy. It's ironic that I bought them because I was just saying to my 15 yo how everyone has Coach and they are too expensive and too trendy! She is begging me for these shoes, but they are so comfy, and I have such a horrible foot to fit, I just don't know. So I'm off to our horrible MD store to see if I can find some more.

Happy shopping!

I shopped at Nordstrom on Saturday but it was too crowded AND my husband was with me, so I just ordered a few things online yesterday. Much easier! Wish I lived near a Rack--I'd check it out if I could:rolleyes:

I was there last Friday with my daughter and started her back-to-school shopping :) She found jeans she liked (a rarity) on sale, jeans she liked (even stranger, 2 pair in the same shopping trip) not on sale. I've gotten to the point where, if she finds a pair of jeans she will wear, I buy them. Price is an issue, I won't go over $60-75 for her jeans. She can buy the higher priced ones when she gets a job ;)

I got some basic T's for myself, a couple shirts for DH, a new pair of walking shoes. Most of the stuff I got is typical purchase for me, so it's nice to get these things on sale :)

Oh poo!! I don't have a Nordstrom's near me yet. There are building one in the mall here but it's taking forever!!

I always buy my formal dresses at Nordstrom's on line. DH is not real happy about one being so close:rolleyes: . They have great shoes too.

Happy shopping ladies!!!

Today I was back to the other Nordstrom's, the one I previously disliked, and found their Rack (basement of regular store) to be great! Oh dear!

The jeans that your daughter loves might be the ones I bought my dd today. She's never worn them before. They are by Hydraulic and they are on sale for $28.90! The regular price is good too - $44! The only other jeans she likes are one particular style from American Eagle and they are normally more than $44.

Today at the Rack I found a cute MiracleSuit for $10!!! It's a bit tight for my derriere, but I could swing it. I don't think I want to so I'll let dd have it. It's pale pink with tiny black polka dots for the top part of the one piece and a plain black bottom. It originally sold for well over $100! I also found a lovely Michael Kors cami made from a lightweight sweater material - $5!! I almost splurged on a Coach purse that was on sale, but restrained myself. The deals are abounding!

For those who don't have a Nordstrom near them, many items are also online. In fact, I had done some looking online and made my list from the website and the stores didn't have some of the shoes I wanted. They were only offered online.

Happy shopping!

When is Lord & Taylor's sale? I usually do very well w/ their sales too. I love a good deal!

I actually take the day off work (every year) the day the Nordstrom sale (Anniversary Sale) begins.

My oldest and youngest daughters (23 &16) get to the largest store of our area at 7 am when they open.

I even ended up at two different stores on the first day (7/20)...and went to a 3rd on Sunday. :p

Some years I find many things, some years nothing. This year, I bought several very nice items, including some things that were not on sale--but love getting the 'double points' for my Nordstroms points.

I even bought a pair of the Kwiat diamond earrings they had on sale, and a pair of Manolo Blahnik sandals (not on sale). :eek: (shhh...we haven't told the husband about those ;-) ).

Both will be great for our upcoming cruise to Italy.

I picked up some dress shirts for my husband's new suit (which we bought for the cruise). I think this is the first year I didn't pick up a purse (last year I bought the Longchamp bag they had on sale). I also picked up two of the big bottles of Philosophy's "Purity Made Simple" for a years supply of face cleanser.

I am a Nordstom-aholic. I just LOVE that store. :D I save up all spring/summer long just for this one sale.

And...if you sign up for their credit card you get 2 week advance access to the anniversary sale and other sales, special catered members only events, $20 certificates per $100 spent, etc. I just signed up yesterday. I should have signed up last Friday. I lost out on at least 10 of those $20 certificates!

I'm looking forward to a champagne catered event soon! lol!! :D

And...if you sign up for their credit card you get 2 week advance access to the anniversary sale and other sales, special catered members only events, $20 certificates per $100 spent, etc. I just signed up yesterday. I should have signed up last Friday. I lost out on at least 10 of those $20 certificates!

I'm looking forward to a champagne catered event soon! lol!! :D

The special catered events are fun. We go often. They have them right after Thanksgiving for the Christmas season. I have also gone to many Smashbox Makeup events where we have had a full catered dinner w/champagne (I don't drink though).

Normally, you have to get 2000 points to get the $20. Usually with the regular Nordstom cc, you get a point for every dollar spent (Nordstrom Visa get 2 points per dollar spent), but, at the private/special events you will get 10 points per every dollar spent. :D It can add up fast if you are doing big Christmas shopping!

The special catered events are fun. We go often. They have them right after Thanksgiving for the Christmas season. I have also gone to many Smashbox Makeup events where we have had a full catered dinner w/champagne (I don't drink though).

Normally, you have to get 2000 points to get the $20. Usually with the regular Nordstom cc, you get a point for every dollar spent (Nordstrom Visa get 2 points per dollar spent), but, at the private/special events you will get 10 points per every dollar spent. :D It can add up fast if you are doing big Christmas shopping!

Thanks for the clarification. I thought $20 certificates for every $100 spent was extremely generous. I don't really know the details of the point system I just signed up when I heard about the advance access to the sales and the catered special events! lol! I have the brochure to read. We signed up for the Signature Visa which comes w/ some other nice features, so it should work well.

Our closest Nordstrom's is smaller than some others in our area, but they have improved the selection in their Jrs. department. With 5 girls, that's something that is very appealing! And they are so personable and the store so nice compared even to Macy's. Lord and Taylor's is nice too, but the selection isn't as good since Nordstrom's improved theirs.

Our closest Nordstrom's is smaller than some others in our area, but they have improved the selection in their Jrs. department. With 5 girls, that's something that is very appealing!

I understand all too well!! I have 3 daughters--and they love Nordstrom as well! (daughters aged -23, 21 and 16). :D

Archived