Forms of Payment on Non-ShipTours

Mr. Boston

I have arranged several private tours for our upcoming cruise to the Southern Caribbean. What forms of payment do the independent tour operators generally accept? I would prefer to use a credit card so that I won't have to carry a lot of cash. Thanks for your help.

You may want to check before sailing to make sure the company you want to use accepts credit cards. Most do but some don't. FYI: Do not use a check card. Even if it has the VISA, MC logo on it. The reason behind this is because with a true credit card you are only responsible for the first $50.00 charged in case your card is stolen or some type of fraud is involved. With a charge card, once your money is removed from your account, it is gone. Do not forget to bring some cash for tips. Another idea is to get traveler's checks (Make sure they are checks and not the credit card type). You can cash these while onboard the ship.

Most of the non ship tours we have taken have been with small operators and we have always paid cash. Never thought to ask if they took credit cards.Would check with them now to make sure. Bill

Archived