Hampton Inn, Plantation, FL

bigwuhead

I've read some really great reviews of the actual property, but now I'm interested to know what is in the general (safe walking) distance. Grocery stores? Drug stores? etc. I'd love to hear from people who've stayed pre-cruise if they had an hints, or problems to speak of!

Thanks!

Cristina

We're booked there for our cruise in November. There are 29 restaurants within .5 miles. If you walk east to the next block (I believe it's University) it's restaurant alley. Also a mall across the street. Front desk told me the liquor store is about a 5 min walk.

Front desk at the hotel is very friendly and helpful

Will they allow you to leave your car in their lot while you are gone? What are the arrangements for getting to the pier - shuttle? cab? - and what is the cost. Thanks for any info you can provide.

We are staying pre-cruise in November. We have read some good reviews on this hotel...thank goodness! We understand that they have a shuttle from airport to hotel and hotel to cruiseport:p Everything you'll ever need.

Have a great cruise

plantation is pretty far west of the water .. do you have relatives out there or why did you pick so far away from the pier?

Plantation is merely 15 minutes from Port Everglades (the pier), less then 20 minutes from the beach. It's a great place to stay, reasonable accomodations, plenty of shopping, ton's of restaurants all in a residential setting. Throw in free transportation from the airport and to the cruiseport, that's why people choose Plantation.:rolleyes:

We also booked this hotel for our November cruise. We paid 132.09 (including taxes) for 4 people. Since it is part of the Hilton chain, we get Hilton points & airline miles (they let you double dip).

Archived