waitlisted for dinner!!!!!!!!!....how so??

loobylouuk

Well as mentioned in my other posts i have booked Oriana.

However i have been told that my requested first dinner seating is waitlisted......but so is the second seating.

Do you think they are going to feed us!!!!!!

I cant see how this can happen unless the cruise was already oversold before i booked.

umm..... anyone else experienced this?

Lou

My understanding of this is that you will get a sitting for dinner, so you won't starve!! It's just that they allocate so many guaranteeded places to each sitting and then put people on a waitlist to allow them maximum flexibility. So you won't find out for certain which one you've got until you baord. You have just requested a preference at the moment. I have no experience of this so can't comment on how likely (or unlikely) it is that you'll get what you want.

Anyway have a great cruise.

Eddie

Hello Louby loo.

Were off next week and the new style tickets don't say anything about which sitting. Not unusual as they like to retain max flexibility.

I don't think we've ever had which sitting confirmed beforehand? - sometimes a card in the cabin confirming or sometimes need to go and queue to see head waiter once boarded( bit of a pain last time on Oceana).

1st sitting not usually a problem - as most people want 2nd.

May be more of an issue on ships offering freedom dining as well as classic sittings as they only have the 1 restaurant to play with.

I'm not aware of any overbooking policy on cruises, think it is just trying to organise the numbers across the sittings.

Regards.

Yes, a sitting is confirmed if you book early enough! It will be on you

p and o booking confirmation form under dining !

For cruises I have booked a year in advance I have had '2nd sitting confirmed' on my statement, and we got it of course, for two cruises I booked a couple of months beforehand we have '2nd Sitting waitlisted'. One cruise we didn't get 2nd sitting , we got 1st, and this next cruise is waitlisted on 2nd Sept and I am not atall confident we will get 2nd. Which is a shame as we have tour to Amsterdam one day not getting back to the ship till 6.45pm, and 1st sitting is 6.30pm and it might be a formal night ....... not quite sure how I get ready for a formal night in 0 minutes after a day out on a coach tour, perhaps someone can explain it to me!!:eek:

Sue

I would say you are almost certainly going to get first sitting. Second sitting seems to be the difficult one.

Not necessarily, we prefer first sitting but found that we had to settle for second sitting on a cruise on Aurora.:(

We used the alternative dining venue Cafe Bordeaux on a number of occasions so that we could dine at a time that we preferred.:)

Hi Libralass as you know we are sailing on Aurora on the 2nd and we did wonder which night the formal would be in fact we have planned our shore time around the fact we are not sure, so we are not doing any late afternoon or eveing tours.

Also a question I had for short 3 night cruise do they still collect your baggage from outside the cabin on the last night becuase if so and its the formal night packing your DJ and cocktail frock is a bit of drama for the carry off on last day.

I have also heard that on the short cruises under 7 nights you have to handle your own bags with pando is this true?

We have also been lucky to get second sitting which is my prefrance as 1st is too early no time for pre-dinner cocktail hehehehe, we do tend to book very early to make the best savings last time on Acradia July 06 we asked for second sitting and a table for 4 with my parents and got it what a result it was fantastic we were next to massive window behind a small devide we could see everyone but it was very private

I must say pando have always been very good with my parents as my father now has very limited site and finds eating with a large table an bit embarrassing, they have for the last 3 pando cruise been given a table for two.

On our 2 n Bruges cruise in Dec, formal night was the last night, some people carry-off their luggage anyway, so you just pack when you go to your cabin before bed. So we may well have formal on the last night? It seems silly to have it on the 2nd night, as coaches aren't back from Amsterdam till 6.30pm/6.45pm and we are on 1st sitting !! So we would miss the gala pre-drinks party as well, and it would be a rush to change.:confused:

We rec/d NO luggage labels with our tickets, which seems silly -as cases could go astray?? But it does say ...'' if you prefer to have your luggage delivered to your cabin, our lugguge handlers willbe happy to provide labels when you hand your luggage in at the terminal'. Well, sorry, but for 3 nights I need at least ONE case pp !!! after all we have 3 dinners to attend, one being formal. And we are taking our 79yr old mum, so aren't dragging cases around with us, so ours are going into the ship!

Sue

Hi Sue thanks for the reply Im travelling for business at present in Asia but since my post have been informed by my wife the Tickets have arrived and been told the situation reference the luggage

I think we will choice to handle our own bags as I'm sure we can manage with one suit carrier complete with evening wear and one other with the rest of the items we need.

3 weeks to go looking forward to seeing the Aurora for myself

Ian

Archived