NCL Gem

rissahh

Hi everyone! The cruise bug has offically bit me, I went on my first cruise in May of this year and I've been anxious to start planning another ever since. I thought my 21st birthday was reason enough to drag everyone I know on a cruise! I was wondering if anyone had ever sailed on the NCL Gem before? I'm interested in taking it out of NYC on the 7 day Bahamas run in April. Comments, Suggestions? Thanks a bunch! :)

The Gem has not yet taken her maiden voyage. I believe she leaves factory in Germany mid August. I will be on Gem in late October for Med cruise. I hope the crew has a system down by the time we board. I can let you know when we get back. I have been on the DAWN twice and she is a lovely ship, so I can only imagine that the Gem will be all that and then some.

Hi everyone! The cruise bug has offically bit me, I went on my first cruise in May of this year and I've been anxious to start planning another ever since. I thought my 21st birthday was reason enough to drag everyone I know on a cruise! I was wondering if anyone had ever sailed on the NCL Gem before? I'm interested in taking it out of NYC on the 7 day Bahamas run in April. Comments, Suggestions? Thanks a bunch! :)

No one has sailed the Gem yet. Still being built I think. ;)

Guest BeckyThane

COMMENT: I'll be on the Gem on January 5th -- will let you know.

SUGGESTION: Take me with you? ;)

The Gem has not yet taken her maiden voyage. I believe she leaves factory in Germany mid August.

The Gem leaves dry dock in mid August, but it doesn't leave the shipyard in Papenburg until mid September. Then it will undergo sea trails and complete outfitting in Emden before starting service in October.

Floating out of the "Norwegian Gem" is scheduled for 12 August 2007.

Starting from 7.30 am the ship will leave the covered building dock. From approx. 9.00 am to 14.00 am various tests and trials will be performed. After that the ship will be berthed at the pier until the planned date of conveyance on 16 September 2007.

Details regarding the river Ems conveyance will be published here in due course. Please note that the planned date 16 September 2007 is subject to wind and weather conditions and that changes may occur.

Thank you, everyone! I wasn't aware she hadn't set out yet - Interesting to know! Sorry it took me a bit to get back to all of you, computer went down for a bit. Look forward to hearing everyones thoughts once she sets sail. :)

When is the Gem's maiden voyage? I plan to go October 8. Is that too soon? In other words, will all of the problems be worked out by then? Thanks!

Almost but not all of the problems. They still have some problems on the Pearl!!!

October 8th is Gems maiden voyage.... sooo:confused:

You can book the first cruises on the Gem via Germany:

October 4th Rotterdam - Dover (1 night)

October 6th Dover - Amsterdam - Dover (2 nights)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived