I need reviews from 7 mile beach..Have U been there?

Ivy86

How was it? I have a shore tour to that beach and I like to know what to expect,any water rentals on site, food , drinks etc..please tell me all about it.:D:confused:

:D

How was it? I have a shore tour to that beach and I like to know what to expect,any water rentals on site, food , drinks etc..please tell me all about it.:D:confused:

We have been to Seven Mile Beach twice. clearly one of the best anywhere. Its a short taxi ride from the pier and there are lots of taxis to get you there. There are your typical rentals of watercraft, lounge chairs, etc. Also a few beach type food and beverage outlets. But its not overun with outlets. It is so long and never seems crowded. Our grand children loved it.:D :)

We always take a taxi to the Hyatt at Seven Mile Beach then walk on out the beach turn left and rent from the second vendor - two lounge chairs and an umbrella (25.00).

There are some pics of the beach in the link by my signature. My avatar pic was taken on Seven Mile Beach.

Lovely spot for swimming and walking on the beach.

Kathy:)

We just go to the public access of Seven Mile Beach and throw a beach towel down. Our grandkids LOVE it too.

Does "public access" mean that there is no entry charge? I resent paying a fee for a lounge chair and/or entry.

Does "public access" mean that there is no entry charge? I resent paying a fee for a lounge chair and/or entry.

Admission is free "on the beach". Chairs are provided at the discretion of nearby private businesses, who then charge for their use. Chair rental & usage is optional.

We always take a taxi to the Hyatt at Seven Mile Beach then walk on out the beach turn left and rent from the second vendor - two lounge chairs and an umbrella (25.00).

There are some pics of the beach in the link by my signature. My avatar pic was taken on Seven Mile Beach.

Lovely spot for swimming and walking on the beach.

Is there any kind of entry fee charged to get through the Hyatt to the beach?

I will definately want to rent chairs and an umbrella, but I don't want to have to pay for some kind of day pass.

Luna, yes there is a charge at the Hyatt - I think it is about $50.00 pp. We don't use their facilities rather we walk through the Hyatt and once on the beach we turn to the left -- there are two areas where you can rent chairs and umbrellas -- we walk past the first one (the loungers are the more rigid plastic ones which my DH can't stand) and pick out a pair of loungers and umbrella at the second area (loungers are the woven plastic type) which a minute one of the "beach boys" will be there to tell you how much (we have usually paid $20.00 for 2/1). We have asked the fellow to change loungers for us if one was not in good enough shape and move the umbrella - they are pretty accommodating. Pics in my link below show the chairs and beach area.

Right beyond the second vendor is open uncrowded beach with a scattering of small hotels/condos where they have some loungers for their guests only.

It's a lovely spot and the beach/water terrific.

Hope you have a great time.

Kathy,

Thanks so much for all the info! I think that is exactly what we will do! You've been a great help! Your pictures are beautiful! I see you are going to Egypt this month... I want to see your pictures when you return home!!!

Thanks for the compliments Luna. We are so excited about our Med cruise - we are taking two cameras and LOTS of memory chips! I will definitely post the pics when we get back. I tried to open the link to your pics but it won't open for me.

You will have a wonderful time in Grand Cayman. If you like Caribbean music the best band (IMHO) is the Barefoot Band from Grand Cayman; we have four of their CDs. Everytime we hear the music we are back there!

Kathy

Going through the Hyatt and turning left sounds good to me also. Don't want a day pass, just somewhere to rent a couple of chairs and an umbrella. We take our own cooler, so that sounds like it will work out good.

One other questions - any cute beach bars? DH will normally get a snack during the day at a beach bar if available.

Thanks

Karen, yes there is a beach bar right behind where we rent the chairs. We have not eaten there but there is an outside grill and indoor/outdoor seating areas. Looks nice.

Kathy

Kathy, thanks so much. Sounds like just the ticket for us. That is why I love these boards.

Thanks for the compliments Luna. We are so excited about our Med cruise - we are taking two cameras and LOTS of memory chips! I will definitely post the pics when we get back. I tried to open the link to your pics but it won't open for me.

You will have a wonderful time in Grand Cayman. If you like Caribbean music the best band (IMHO) is the Barefoot Band from Grand Cayman; we have four of their CDs. Everytime we hear the music we are back there!

Kathy

Kathy,

I guess I had to update the link to Webshots. Thanks for the heads up. I can't wait to see your pictures from Egypt! I think I'm almost as excited about it as you are. haha. We were going to try to plan a Mediterranean cruise for next year but its a bit pricey...

Luna, glad you fixed the link - your pics are terrific. Awesome itinerary. Guess we will have to bite the bullet some day and cruise from San Juan or someplace further south than Florida so we can see more islands.

What did you study? Egyptian Mythology?

Since it has been a long time since our University days my DH and I have been do lots of reading in preparation for this trip including Greek and Egyptian Mythology. It's fun and interesting.

Loved your pics in Aruba -- love it there -- we'll be back next Jan.

Have a great weekend.

Kathy, I love cruising from San Juan! The islands of the Southern Caribbean are so exotic and the port of San Juan is very easy to navigate and within walking distance to many of the attractions of Old San Juan!

Yes, I studied the ancient Mediterranean, so I know quite alot about ancient Greece & Egypt. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I've been to Greece but not yet to Egypt and I am desperate to go! It is very magical, enjoy it! Does your itinerary stop in Greece? I have another webshots album which I will put in my signature of my land trip in Greece, if you are interested.

Hi Luna, yes, we are going to Mykonos (have booked an excursion to Delos), Rhodes and Athens. Also going to Kusadasi, Turkey (excursion to Epheses) and Cyprus. So much stuff to absorb!

Would love to see your pics of Greece.

Kathy

Hi Luna, yes, we are going to Mykonos (have booked an excursion to Delos), Rhodes and Athens. Also going to Kusadasi, Turkey (excursion to Epheses) and Cyprus. So much stuff to absorb!

Would love to see your pics of Greece.

Kathy

You are going to love all your stops in Greece and Turkey. We were there last year (on our own and a short cruise on the Sea Diamond which has since sunk :eek: )

You are going to love all your stops in Greece and Turkey. We were there last year (on our own and a short cruise on the Sea Diamond which has since sunk :eek: )

Did you spend any time in Athens? We are thinking of spending a few hours at the Plaka after touring the Acropolis. DH was in Athens a long time ago and is hankering for some of the french fries with oregano. :)

Kathy

Did you spend any time in Athens? We are thinking of spending a few hours at the Plaka after touring the Acropolis. DH was in Athens a long time ago and is hankering for some of the french fries with oregano. :)

Kathy

Kathy,

I definately reccomend having a taxi drop you at the acropolis, wander around and then the Plaka will be right at the bottom of the opposite side you enter the acropolis. Its a beautiful walk down the side of the acropolis to the Plaka. Make sure you get a gyro! mmmm.... Also, from the stone road that takes you down the side of the acropolis if you continue going straight you'll run into the Temple of Zeus ruins and Hadrian's Arch!

• 2 weeks later...

I did the tour to 7 mile and I really think its a waste of money next time I will do it on my own instead of booking with carnival.

taxi its only $5 dollars to get there from pier.

Archived