Carnival "BIG SALE"

cruisin1982

Is it just me? Every time Carnival has a one day sale on virtually all cruises. The cruise we have booked is not included.:mad: I'd be happy with an onboard credit or something. But once again I will be checking to see if our cruise is included this time.

Thanks

Mike

Was there an email sent out? I did not get it. What is the promtion code?

The code is CP1S. I got it in an email that I've since deleted, sorry. It doesn't sound like from other posts that these sales are very good. I usually get a couple of deck upgrades. I'm getting ready to book our 3 2008 cruises and was going to wait until Thursday but now I wonder?

Does anyone know if it's a firm requirement that you have to deposit 250/pp for each cruise you book? That's going to be 1500 for sister and I and I wasn't wanting to pay out that much cash up front.

yup the same exact sale - to the penny as about six weeks ago, I had our TA run it just to see if it would benifit me and didn't help at all we will keep the past guest 200.00 credit instead, got higher catagory for less than this "sale" plus the 200.00 OBC from carnival (this is the europe sale)

I am starting to thing these "biggest sale ever" are not even sales at all!

Okgirl:

I spoke to the Carnival reps twice about the $250.00 deposit and they said TA can (on groups) get the $25 or $50 deposit but direct thru Carnival is $250.00. They said there were two other options possible (maybe) 1) extend deadline for 30 days or 2) possibly set up payment plan. BUT they didn't sound like they wanted to do the payment plan which I think was like $100 initial and then $75.00 and $75.00 in approx. 6 to 8 week timeframe. And I believe they wanted some full deposits from others in group before they would even consider that option.

They didn't seem too happy to do payment plan but it was an option. I had the impression that if you really pushed you could get it, but they didn't make it sound easy - Rep even said it was a last resort.

Hope this helps.

The code is CP1S. I got it in an email that I've since deleted, sorry.

lol that's what I just said. The C = Carnival so if you are using it online you dont type it in, therefore, thats why I said P1S, because Im assuming you are online and trying it out. You type P1S into the box where the code goes.

I checked the "sale" code and it is $30pp higher than the past guest rate we're getting. I don't know, but I'm guessing that the only one that benefits from the "sales" is the first time cruiser. I've yet to find a "sale" that beat the past guest discount, and on this cruise (2/14 Fantasy) the past guest rate was even better than the military rate.

But I also concur with the other people who've noted that, while it may be Murphy's Law of discounts or something, the cruise I'm booked never seems to be included in "virtually all cruises" either :(

i didnt get a past guest rate OR this sale wasnt including for my sensation cruise in sept =(

So you went to the Carnival site and typed in the code P1S and it said the code was invalid? It seems to me it should have worked even if the price was not lower than what you paid.

i didnt book it online... i called up the lady that books my cruises and she told me that they were all sold out on the past guest rate.... should i go on a try it myself?

I just tried 9/6 and the code was valid and gave the 2 category upgrade.

I picked a random september date and the code worked online (I dont know your date in sept, just put in sensation and the first sept date).

this was the upgrade for the sale today, not past guest code.

I booked 3 Aft Balconies (8B) for 3 couples for May 08 on the Liberty. We are all past quests and paid $2317 per couple. Not sure if this is such the bargin either, but liked the itinenary. 8 day Western Caribbean, $300.00 per person deposit on an 8 day.

Thanks!!

Alexis

I just tried it... the code worked but didnt upgrade nothing lol... unless im doin it wrong-

We sail the 20th ... 3 day

I just tried the code on the 20th and you are right it didnt work. yikes. sorry

Im arriving in Orlando for my cruise on the 21st the day after you are, but Im going out RCI.

I just tried the code on the 20th and you are right it didnt work. yikes. sorry

Im arriving in Orlando for my cruise on the 21st the day after you are, but Im going out RCI.

Yeah see!! Oh well that stinks.. maybe my price will drop and ill get credit hehe-

Niceeee where is your boat going?

I just tried it... the code worked but didnt upgrade nothing lol... unless im doin it wrong-

We sail the 20th ... 3 day

The past guest code worked for me on your date, try DP7. :)

see just keep trying codes

I got 4A to 4D, and some really good upgrades with the past guest code. 6B to 6D etc, better upgrades than the sale they are having

Can anyone tell me why I would have to pay $100.00pp to upgrade during the sale. I had originally booked a 8A gty cabin and my T/A says to get the 2 cat. upgrade it would cost an extra $100.00 pp?????

Because guarantees are not included, you have to pay for at least 8A and the price of the 8A is either up or is that much more than the price you paid for a guarantee.

The past guest code worked for me on your date, try DP7. :)

see just keep trying codes

I got 4A to 4D, and some really good upgrades with the past guest code. 6B to 6D etc, better upgrades than the sale they are having

I put the code in but i dont see any difference--- how come your getting all the good stuff! haha

Archived