San Francisco Winery Tours?

SusieV

We live in the Bay Area but have guests arriving for the weekend after Labor Day. One of the guest located online a company that seems to have a great outing. They take the ferry from the Ferry bldg in SF to Vallejo and then transfer to a van or small bus that drives to 2 or 3 wineries and then returns to SF via the Golden Gate bridge thru Marin County. Seems like a great loop and not pricy at around $100 pp. Looking forward to it.

It's easy to drive to the wineries via rental car & combine the outing with Sausalito & Muir Woods, but if driving you may be somewhat limited in the amount of wine you consume. If you do drive I'd recommend the Mondavi, Coppola & Sterling wineries.

Hi, I live in the East Bay, but have only been here about one year. My niece is getting married in San Rafael in December and we have lots of family coming. We'll have a couple of vans and designated drivers, so we probably won't want to pay for a guided tour (unless it can start in San Rafael).

Which wineries would you suggest - I'm thinking three wineries and not sure if Sonoma or Napa Valley is best. I don't mind reserving in advance - would just like some advice on good wineries to visit with a large group. Most of the group will not be wine connoisseurs, so we don't want to spend too much in wine tasting fees.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Hi, I live in the East Bay, but have only been here about one year. My niece is getting married in San Rafael in December and we have lots of family coming. We'll have a couple of vans and designated drivers, so we probably won't want to pay for a guided tour (unless it can start in San Rafael).

Which wineries would you suggest - I'm thinking three wineries and not sure if Sonoma or Napa Valley is best. I don't mind reserving in advance - would just like some advice on good wineries to visit with a large group. Most of the group will not be wine connoisseurs, so we don't want to spend too much in wine tasting fees.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Hi Carol! I work in San Rafael, small world huh!

Check out Daryl Sattui's castle, here is the link:

http://www.napavalleycastle.com

I would also maybe check out, Gloria Ferrer champagne caves in Sonoma.

http://www.gloriaferrer.com

Here is another pretty good website, that has both Napa and Sonoma information. It doesn't show all of the wineries, but has some good info.

http://www.winecountrygetaways.com/index.html

Thanks for all three sites. The castle looks great - I will have to see if I can get everyone to make and keep reservations. The castle looks like a great place to visit even if you do not care that much about wine - which may be ideal for this group.

Thanks.

Archived