Plus size pantyhose

lydiagb

It has been such a long time since I've needed to get dressed up but I am looking forward to it for our cruise. I have some Hanes Plus Silk Reflections Silky Sheer Control Top Pantyhose that fit but I find the control top to be an awkward fit. Does anyone have a favorite brand that they'd like to recommend and where to buy them? We will be shopping this Saturday but we will have a couple of other weekends to pick up last minute items. I'm especially interested in hearing about brands that are good for plus sizes.

Thanks!

Lydia

Auntie...I agree with you:confused: ...what was that?

I thought one of the reasons we have a fashion board is for help....from undergarments to overcoats!

Yeah, that was uncalled for!

Lydia - QVC's brand, Legacy Legwear, comes in their full range of sizes. I've never tried them so can't offer much about their quality or comfort.

I have tried the Spanx brand from QVC. I've got their tights, footless hose, and "power panties". They are very comfortable (can't honestly say I forget I have them on, but they are comfortable). I think they have pantyhose, too.

Good luck in your search!

I love the fashion section of cruise critic since I love fashion and cruises too. I have to say I like J.C Penneys pantyhose too. I also like to wear kneehighs under long dresses or thighhighs sometimes I find them more comfortable than pantyhose. I feel it is very unfair and unkind to post negative things about a pantyhose question. I thank all of you lovely people for you positive comments. Happy Sailing all, Joy

Thigh highs are awesome and if you wear them with an all in one you have no elastic lines under dresses...it is also much cooler than panty hose. We have a great store in Vancouver B.C. called Additional (the best one is at Metro Town mall) They have the best under garments and lingurie. They also have some great formal gowns. So if you are cruising out of Vancouver..just hop the skytrain east to Metrotown from downtown vancouver it is about 4 stations from Granville station. They might even have an additional in downtown vancouver. I just havn't noticed it.

Archived