choosing a cruise

almostdoc

Looking at NCL Dawn Dec. 16 eastern caribbean cruise vs Grand princess Western caribbean vs Celebrity millennium eastern caribbean. Have been on navigator, empress of seas, and sun princess. We enjoyed them all. I am traveling with my husband's family including 3 brothers, sister in law, and his parents. We are in our twenties. Thoughts? Thanks!

Not sure about any of the specifics of the ships you've listed, but do be aware that by sailing in Dec. before the holidays, there will be a definately older crowd on all the ships. We have been on 2 December cruises, one on Princess and 1 on RCCL's Explorer. The rates are great, but it is definately a much older crowd than at anyother time of year. Its not so much a function of the cruise line you go with as the time of year.

It didn't bother us at all. Those seniors could really salsa on our last Dec. cruise!

DEFINITELY don't choose the Millinieum. I have been on both it and the Grand. I would go Grand hands down over the X Mill any day for many reasons. Also, if you are in your twenties, you will hate the Millineum! There are so many old people on there it is crazy. Smokers everywhere. I havn't been on NCL, but I have read a lot. Everyone seems to think Princess is better.

Have you considered the Caribbean Princess? We were on it about 2 years ago and its a beautiful ship!. We traveled with our 20 year old daughters and they loved it. There was a young crowd when we on it in Aug. of 2005 but as I said in a previous post, you will have an older crowd in Dec no matter which line or ship you go with.

I cannot address any of the ships you have referred to, but one: Grand Princess. We cruised the western Caribbean on her about a year and a half ago, and we loved every minute of it! It was a fantastic voyage and it was the one that sold us on Princess completely. I am sure that each of the vessels that you are considering are excellent, in their way, but the joy that we experienced on Grand Princess was irreplaceable, and I am sure that we will journey on her again in the future.

I am going on my first Princess but have been on both NCL and Celebrity.

Celebrity's food is excellent but you will definitely see an older crowd. I would stay away from NCL, and try the Princess. Or consider a Royal Carribbean, their larger ships have so many things to do that you would probably utilize. Good luck!:)

Looking at NCL Dawn Dec. 16 eastern caribbean cruise vs Grand princess Western caribbean vs Celebrity millennium eastern caribbean. Have been on navigator, empress of seas, and sun princess. We enjoyed them all. I am traveling with my husband's family including 3 brothers, sister in law, and his parents. We are in our twenties. Thoughts? Thanks!

For me it would be a decision between the Grand or the Millie and then I would base my decision on the itinerary and what kind of cruise ambiance you want for this cruise.

If you want traditional dining with a stricter dress code, saltwater pools, a more modern (in terms of design/decor) and elegant ship with teak decks and from what I hear better food, then I would choose the Millie.

If you want "Movies Under the Stars", anytime dining options, astro turf, freshwater pools, and slightly smaller staterooms but more interesting (IMHO) onboard activities, then I would choose the Grand.

Jodie

Archived