Is the passport deadline final yet?

jennew

We are midway getting passports for our family of 7 (gulp). Now I am hearing that the deadline has been pushed back PPs won't be needed for our Jan. 5th cruise. Anyone else hear this?

I talked to my pvp (carnival) and asked this question. She stated that at this time pp will not be needed until June of 2009. That is only for cruises that start and end in the US. I did question that because I couldn't find that answer on the gov't website. She assured me that was correct. That date is also on carnivals website. She told me that we would only need picture ID (state issued) and a certified (raised seal) birth cert. That being said, if something was to happen and you needed to fly out of a forgein port you would need a pp. DH and I have our pp, but my niece (13yr) doesn't because of her age, her pp would cost just as much and only be good for 5 yrs. Gov't website does say pp are not need until June of 2008, but that they could change that at any time, they will post it at the very least 60 days before they go into effect.

Hope that helps

I would suggest just getting one and that stops the worrying about date changes etc. I did this a few years ago and was glad I did with all of the hassles getting one today. I was surprised how much easier traveling is with a passport versus DL and birth certificates.

Our PVP said we would need a passport for our cruise Sept 2008, so PVPs dont even agree on the rules.

This is final....errrr until or unless they change it again. :D

That is very aggravating, one pvp says this and another says that. When will it every end...lol:p

Archived