Which date/time of year better for China- have 2 options...

CJcruzer

October 28th - 14 day Beijing to Shanghai (with 4 day river cruise) and a 3 day add-on Hong-King/Macau or....March 23th departure, same itinerary -

CJcruzer

CJcruzer - If you are considering 2008 then fall has the huge advantage of being after the Olympics. Our Viking guides during our April 07 Beijing-->Hong Kong cruise/tour made note that the 2008 schedule would include earlier (Jan-Feb) tours to make up for no tours during much of the Olympics. If you go during the Olympics you should bring a few paperbacks to fill the hours you will spend watching the stationary vehicle in front of your bus.

WIT

we are tentatively booked on a 14 day Beijing, Xi'an, 4 day Yangtze River cruise, Suzhou, Tongli and Shaghai tour in October....

I have option of add-on of Guilin and Hong Kong - am wondering if this is too mabitious/tiring? I do want to add on Hong Kong, and now am wondering if want the 2 night add-on in Guilin, with Li River cruise, visit to Reed Flute Cave... total # of days would be 20....

any advice....also, is there a malaria warning in Guilin area? we would be there Nov. 10-12..

CJcruzer

We went to Guilin on our trip in March and it is well worth it. It is totally different than other areas of China that you will visit and the Li River has some very interesting and beautiful scenery. Our trip was 23 days and we hated to see it end. If you do the Guilin extension, do you know what hotel you will stay in? There was no malaria warning when we wee there in March.

we are tentatively booked on a 14 day Beijing, Xi'an, 4 day Yangtze River cruise, Suzhou, Tongli and Shaghai tour in October....

I have option of add-on of Guilin and Hong Kong - am wondering if this is too mabitious/tiring? I do want to add on Hong Kong, and now am wondering if want the 2 night add-on in Guilin, with Li River cruise, visit to Reed Flute Cave... total # of days would be 20....

any advice....also, is there a malaria warning in Guilin area? we would be there Nov. 10-12..

CJcruzer

CJCruzer - You have picked the best month to go to China. HK is the best way to end your cruise. Don't miss it.

WIT

Archived