What to wear on the Summit for dinner???

a flygirl

Hi Everyone, We are sailing on the Summit 8/27 to Alaska and I have a few concerns. I posted this orginally on the Celebrity board and have gotten responses but thought I would try here too. This is my dilemna. We are on a 7 night cruise and I thought we had 2 formal nights and 3 informal and the rest casual. I have planned to bring 2 long gowns(black) and my husband to wear his tux on the formal nights. The other nights I thought I would wear what I normally wear to dinner in San Diego, high heels, black dresses, black skirt/pants cute little tops.I thought I would bring a pair of jeans with my high heels again to wear if we really decided to go casual one night,not to wear in the main dining room. Are we going to be out of place??? I was thinking that there would be less children on this cruise since it is so close the new school year and might be a older crowd.I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not or is Alaska a casual destination and people don't get dressed for dinner. We plan on being totally comfortable and casual during the day and in port but getting dressed for dinner, enjoying excellent wine and hopefeully excellent company, gambling and seeing some shows. Please advise us. Sorry this is so long winded.Thanks.

I think you will fit in just fine. DH and I enjoy dressing for dinner. He, on the non formal nights will wear nice linen slacks with a long sleeve linen button up shirt, etc., and I stick to dresses, dressy capris with nice tops and of course, JEWELRY!!! ;)

Archived