children's dresscode for Alaskan dining

Sisa

Hi,

We are soon to be heading off to Alaska on the Coral Princess with our DDs (ages 8 and 10). I know there are 2 formal nights, and we are prepared for that. What do we need to dress them in for the other 5 nights? They usually just wear jeans and cute tops. However, I see that jeans are not "allowed" in the dining room. Does this truly apply to children? Also, do the kids eat dinner at times at the kids club area?

I would just like to know how much I really need to pack for them (and/or purchase) to be properly "presentable."

Thank you very much for your help,

Lise

You might want to take something more like khakis for their pants. As for the kids room/eating - they usually take the kids to the buffet where jeans is not an issue. Just dress them as you would for a nice restaurant at home as opposed to a pizza place.

i am 12 and i have been to the kids zone and they have a special night that they go up to the horizon court and you can have pizza, fries, chicken fingers, or a buger. but for that day you don't have to be dressed up. your kids can wear khaki, navy blue, or black pants or if u have girls they can wear dresses for formal nights or for just regular night u can wear skirts that arn't to short, or anything else.

PS i have been to alaska and it rained and rained so take stuff for rain just incase. also take warm clothes if you go for a stroll on the ship.

kaleen

dawn

sea

island X2

sapphire

i am 12 and i have been to the kids zone and they have a special night that they go up to the horizon court and you can have pizza, fries, chicken fingers, or a buger. but for that day you don't have to be dressed up. your kids can wear khaki, navy blue, or black pants or if u have girls they can wear dresses for formal nights or for just regular night u can wear skirts that arn't to short, or anything else.

PS i have been to alaska and it rained and rained so take stuff for rain just incase. also take warm clothes if you go for a stroll on the ship.

kaleen

dawn

sea

island X2

sapphire

Thank you, kaleen!

Adults, take note, she's been there, done that!

For our girls (then 6&8) I had also just included for each a peasant type skirt and they wore different tops with them - my girls usually ate at the Horizon Court or room service as they didn't want to miss kids club!

Jane

Thank you everybody for your input. I think I have the outfits for the girls covered now. Thanks especially to you, Kaleen! I really appreciate getting information from someone so close to my girls' ages. It sounds like you had a great time in Alaska, except for the rain:(. I hope my girls have as much fun!

Lise

Thank you everybody for your input. I think I have the outfits for the girls covered now. Thanks especially to you, Kaleen! I really appreciate getting information from someone so close to my girls' ages. It sounds like you had a great time in Alaska, except for the rain:(. I hope my girls have as much fun!

Lise

yes my family and i had soo much fun,

my mom and i went panning for gold and no joke you get gold.

we also went on a boat that took us on a totum[sp] pole tour.

i really hope you and your girls have a fun time on this cruise, i am sure you will love Alaska.

Happy sailing

Kaleen

Dawn

Sea

Island X2

Sapphire

Archived