Guests in Concierge Lounge

Okay, guys, I've read a lot of posts on this and am still confused about guests in the concierge lounge. I was told by a C&A lady that both myself and my roommate (not Diamond) would be able to use it since we are on the same booking in the same stateroom. Is this wrong? She said the privilege goes to the stateroom much as the discount does. It will be a bummer to finally get the use of the lounge and then not be able to use it. I would not do that to my roommate.

You will get differing opinions about this topic here on the board. It seems to come down to the decision of the concierge. I will say that I did travel with a friend last November who was not a Diamond member, but was booked in my cabin. We both utilized the CL. I will quantify this with the fact that we had 2nd seating and when we entered the first night, it was us and one other couple. The concierge asked for our names and cabin number, and that was it. The busiest night there were a total of 8 of us in there. So, we may both have been allowed since the lounge was not full.

Murph is right it all depends on who the conceirge is.We have been in the room where they stop people from coming in and then other just let you in.But the one thing we did see if you were the member your guest couldnt come in by their self.

You will get differing opinions about this topic here on the board. It seems to come down to the decision of the concierge. I will say that I did travel with a friend last November who was not a Diamond member, but was booked in my cabin. We both utilized the CL. I will quantify this with the fact that we had 2nd seating and when we entered the first night, it was us and one other couple. The concierge asked for our names and cabin number, and that was it. The busiest night there were a total of 8 of us in there. So, we may both have been allowed since the lounge was not full.

Murphy----

i am dying to know just this: In the folder from the Concierge that was on your bed the moment you walked into the stateroom on embarkation day----what exactly did it say? There was a folder there welcoming you, along with a pass-key to the lounge. Did it reference only you, or did it refer to your party or the two of you???

How does this work in this case?

Leslie

If you are in a suite, it doesn't matter what C & A level you are or if you are a member at all. The CL lounge is for suite guests and the use of the CL is extended to Diamond/Diamond Plus C & A members. If you are not in a suite but have a guest staying in your cabin with you, they would probably be able to go into the CL with you as it's been done before. Your guests name may be on the Concierge letter also, if it's not than it would be up to the Concierge.

Let me see if I understand this. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

I think that everone in a stateroom gets the same level (Gold, Platinum, Diamond, etc) as the persn of the highest level, except for the booklet.

My mother-in-law was on her first cruise with us in May and she was invited to the welcome back party and bridge tour.

What exactly happens in the concierge lounge. We are booked in a GS so we are entitled to the CL. I am so excited but I don't know what it is. LOL. Go figure!! :p

appetizers and non specialty drinks are no additional charge from 5:30 (or 5:00) to 8;30. You can get priority tendering tickets and tickets to the ice shows from the concierge as well as help with on board reservations for the specialty dining rooms. If you want to set up a party, they will help you also. Light breakfast (pastries and such) and coffee there also in the morning.

----

i am dying to know just this: In the folder from the Concierge that was on your bed the moment you walked into the stateroom on embarkation day----what exactly did it say? There was a folder there welcoming you, along with a pass-key to the lounge. Did it reference only you, or did it refer to your party or the two of you???

Leslie

Hello Leslie,

I am not the poster that you have 'addressed' , ..... but I do have the actual folders that were left in our staterooms, which you are referring to.

And in 'our case' - the scenario was similar:

I and my stepson were booked in one stateroom - different names, so no one could tell if we were related.

In another stateroom my wife and our DIL were booked.

Both wife and I are the proper level of required C & A membership.

In each stateroom the folder contained a key and among other things, a letter addressed only to the member with the the proper status.

On my first visit to meet the Concierge ( I went there by myself only) I asked the Concierge if it was allowed or not for us to bring son and his wife to the Lounge - his answer was, no problem as long as one of the 'proper status member' was present.

So this particular 'question' is probably in a 'gray' area left up to the discretion of the Concierge.

There are many other clubs that people belong to and the member of 'that' club is allowed to bring a guest with her / him .

Wes

Murphy----

Leslie

Sorry, I don't remember the exact wording. For years and years I used to keep stuff like that and then one day I looked at my pile o'crappola and pitched it all and haven't kept things like that since. :)

Let me see if I understand this. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

I think that everone in a stateroom gets the same level (Gold, Platinum, Diamond, etc) as the persn of the highest level, except for the booklet.

My mother-in-law was on her first cruise with us in May and she was invited to the welcome back party and bridge tour.

RCL allowed my mom a 1st timer to go with me to the CL. We went to the welcome back party and the diamond & platinum luncheon. It was a b-day cruise for her 70th. I paid for her cruise and she would never be able to afford to do it otherwise.

I am a diamond plus and have spent thousands of dollars with RCL so I do not feel the slighest guilt inviting her along.

I am sure some people would suggest that I leave mom in the hall while I have a piece of cheese and cracker in the CL but, I simply wouldn't do it.

I think it depends on the concierage but, we have never had a problems. :)

It definitely depends on the Concierge and how busy the lounge is during the cruise.

On the Jewel back in February, my roommate was only a gold member while I am a Diamond member. The first day I dropped by the Concierge lounge and asked if i could show it to my roommate while it was empty and the concierge was completely fine. That night when i came back by myself, she told me it would be fine to occasionally bring my roommate with me as long as the lounge wasn't crowded.

It definitely depends on the Concierge and how busy the lounge is during the cruise.

On the Jewel back in February, my roommate was only a gold member while I am a Diamond member. The first day I dropped by the Concierge lounge and asked if i could show it to my roommate while it was empty and the concierge was completely fine. That night when i came back by myself, she told me it would be fine to occasionally bring my roommate with me as long as the lounge wasn't crowded.

And that sounds completely reasonable! Nice post. :)

Okay, so here is our scenerio. We are booked in the Royal Suite for a Med. cruise next year. Our youngest son 16 will be sharing the room "on paper" with us. He has no interest in the lounge so no big deal. BUT our two other children 19 & 20 (yes they may legally drink on a Med. cruise) are staying in an inside cabin which we are paying for. I know that there will be switching of rooms as they all want to sleep in the Royal Suite.

So... my question is, do you think the two older children will be allowed in the Concierge Lounge? :confused:

Each Cabin gets One CL key, One Invitation to parties, etc etc. You arrive in the CL they ask surname and cabin just to make sure you are the booked guest on their list. As long as there isn't a parade of people behind you, your guest and probably a third will pass go with no questions.

Wrona we found this to be the same on the Jewel in March. Andrea the concierge was great. We were travelling with friends who were in a seperate cabin and only Gold members. One night we didn't show up and Andrea asked why the next night, told her about our friends and she said to bring them the next night. We only did it once but it was a nice jesture on her part.

Each Cabin gets One CL key, One Invitation to parties, etc etc. You arrive in the CL they ask surname and cabin just to make sure you are the booked guest on their list. As long as there isn't a parade of people behind you, your guest and probably a third will pass go with no questions.

On Serenade and on Voyager we got one invitation but there were CL keys for each adult in the cabin.

Archived