Booking two cabins for 4 people?

mrcruzer

Now. i have to ask, we're possibly going to be a family of four travelling together. and, let's say that a single oceanview cabin isn't enough room (which, it isnt) so, has anyone bought an inside cabin as well, across the hall? How much MORE was it than in just one cabin?

plus, will they allow both kids to be inthe other cabin themselves?

thanks,

MC.

As all cruises are priced different based on ship and where it goes and from where it would be hard to give you exact figures since you didn't say which one you are looking at. You should be able to go to Carnival's website and get a quote both ways. I can tell you that an oceanview has been plenty for us 4 as Carnival's room generally are much bigger than other ships. Outside are generally bigger then insides too and oceanviews can be bigger then balcony since the room is not shortened by the balcony. Depends on the ship in question. The break for 3rd and 4th passenger regardless of age is usually considerably less than the first 2 so no way would it be cheaper to get 2 rooms instead of the one. The two fold down beds on top can be put up during the day so the room is plenty big for a family of 4 or even for strangers. I'd say it would cost you about 50% more to book 2 rooms even one being an inside then doing one room for 4. If you do book 2 rooms book one adult and a child in each room and then once you get there who cares if the children stay together in a room across from you provided they don't make a scene to cause others around them to complain.

On the Glory couple of weeks ago. We had two adjoining rooms on deck two. The window view was just fine. I would do it again. We just kept the doors opened and closed them them when we wanted to. We had two bathrooms which made it nice. I did go in one of the inside cabins. The second level beds fold down off the the walls. The room is smaller. Depending on the age of your kids, you could get one outside cabin and one inside. If you want some space, get two rooms.

We were on the Miracle recently and had two obstructed view rooms. My dh and I were traveling with two teens. I would not have wanted to all be in the room together, especially when trying to get ready for dinner or excursions. It was nice to have two bathrooms, and dh and I got some privacy. Plus, the kid's room was a mess! LOL!! It was worth the extra money for a second cabin just to not be tripping over their things!

Also the kids were up very late and then slept in late. Dh and I are early risers and we all would have gotten on each others' nerves with that kind of sleeping schedule. I am sure 4 in one cabin is doable, but it would not have been a comfortable cruise, for us at least.

Two cabins may or may not be that much more. We booked to connecting balcony cabins on the Miracle in February. We were initially all in 1 cabin but as I watched the prices, it only cost about $150 more to book a second cabin. For me, the extra room, extra bathroom, extra TV, etc., were all worth it. Plus the kids felt special having their own room. They were 11 and 7 so having a connecting cabin was key. When they are older, though, I would definitely consider an inside cabin across the hall. But now they have been spoiled and will probably want a balcony from now on!! LOL!

Our last cruise we had connecting cabins with our dd's and it was wonderful, the extra space and bathroom was well worth the extra money (not much more for the second cabin) here are some pictures of our cabins we were in inside cabins on the Valor http://travel.webshots.com/album/558137905cHKyFx?vhost=travel

Booking them in an inside is that much more expensive then paying the third and fourth person rates on the outside, it is even a better deal when the outside is a balcony. With 2 girls plus the wife I consider it money well paid for the extra bathroom alone.

As long as you are booking assigned rooms and not guarantees, you can book the kids across the hall without having to book an adult in the room.

I would also suggest two cabins; based on the age of the children I would go with adjoining if they are younger and across the hall if they are older.

This is Carnival's Minor Guest Policy: Carnival's policy defines minors as any guest under 21 years of age. Each cabin with guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same cabin by their parent, grandparent or legal guardian who is over 25 years of age.

In cases when the parents purchase a second cabin for their children, the minor children will not have to be in the same cabin as their parent, grandparent or legal guardian in this case, but must occupy an adjacent cabin. Cabins must be purchased on the same deck to accommodate this requirement and advance cabin assignment may be necessary with names and full per person deposits.

However, the minors in the adjacent cabin MUST be related to the adults. So if friends of the family are traveling, these guests under 21 must be in the cabin with the responsible parent. They cannot be in the adjacent cabin. The Parent Permission form must be signed and submitted with final payment for any minor traveling without parents, grandparents, or legal guardian, as in the instance of an accompanying friend traveling in a cabin with a family.

Hope this helps.

Now. i have to ask, we're possibly going to be a family of four travelling together. and, let's say that a single oceanview cabin isn't enough room (which, it isnt) so, has anyone bought an inside cabin as well, across the hall? How much MORE was it than in just one cabin?

plus, will they allow both kids to be inthe other cabin themselves?

thanks,

MC.

it all depends on the time of year you sail and the sales and/or PGD you can avail yourself of. for example, we paid more for 5 of us in one OV stateroom on a fantasy class ship in july 2006 for a 5 night cruise then we did for two staterooms (inside and a balcony) on the liberty on a 6 night cruise in dec '07.

DH and I are going on a cruise in a few weeks. DD and DS (21 and 19) are going along. We initially planned on one room, but finally decided on 2. (I think the difference for one cabin vs. 2 cabins was between $200-$250.) We have an oceanview and an inside room. As stated by many others, as long as the rooms are side-by-side or are across the hall from one another it's not a problem. Knowing the lengthy grooming habits and different sleep schedule, I welcome the thought of having 2 rooms. :)

Tina

Archived