VOS 5-Night to Canada Questions

Has anyone seen posted scans of the cruise compass and/or menus for the 5-night Canada cruise? Or, if you have been on the cruise, do you know which "theme" dinners are each night?

I am trying to plan ahead and figure out which night to book a reservation at Portofino.

Thanks!!!!:)

And thanks to all the others who have provided reviews and comments on this cruise. I now have my October cruise to Canada on VOS almost planned out to the minute (including viewing the sail away out of NY Harbor in lieu of the parade in the Promenade).

I was on the 5 night cruise and, to be honest, can't quite remember the menu in the dining room.

However, with that said, I do remember formal night was Monday night and they did serve shrimp the last night of the cruise.

One of the worst menus was the first night but, since you are sailing that late, the muster drill may interfere.

I think Tuesday night's menu was terrible and I would recommend that night for Portofinos.

CruiseDudeNY:

Food is a subjective and personal matter, and that's why it's one of the "hottest" topic on the boards. Personally, I found the food quite good and had no trouble finding something that I *wanted* to eat at each and every meal.

Yes, Monday was formal night. We, too, went to Portofino's on Tuesday night, but that was just because it generally fit into our plans, not because we had seen the menu and gagged.

As for themes, there didn't seem to be any. If any were announced, nothing in anyone's dress or any of the menu selections reflected a theme.

Carol

Hi!

I agree with Merion Mom; all food in dining room was very good. When we went tot he Portofino desk the first afternoon, the maitre'd had openings on Wednesday, and we took them! Did not regret a moment!

Have an incredible cruise! ME

Archived