What was your FAV excursion in Costa Maya and why?

stephuney

Our family went on a snorkel trip with Blue Ocean Safari. They are affiliated with the Blue Iguana restaurant and bar. We had a great time. It was really rough and we had to stay inside the reef, but our guides were so personable it made the trip worth it. There were lots of cool fish and unique coral. We stopped on the reef off the coast of Maya Palms and had another stop on the reef in front of the dive shop. The people we ate dinner with did the ruins tour with David and Ivan and loved it. It was the middle of July and they said the heat wasn't bad. I guess it just depends what you are in the mood for.

DD and I did the tour of Chacchoben with David and Ivan last November. It was worth every penny.

That said .... DH and I will be in Costa Maya next January and plan on a beach day with jet skis....maybe a massage.

Since I have not yet chosen what to do in Costa Maya, I would also appreciate the responses. It would be helpful when you respond, if possible (maybe you don't remember) to mention whether it was a ship-sponsored excursion or one you arranged wither online or at the port, and the approximate cost.

Snorkeling sounds interesting, but obviously it is weather dependent. Other than getting some massages, I am undecided about what else to do, so I am looking forward to responses.

Thanks for the responses ... I guess I should have added that I am not so much interested in snorkeling because I think I will get my fill for that in Grand Caymand and Belize ... I really want to do something different in Costa Maya.

But for the sake of others who are curious about what to do in Costa Maya, dont hesitate to comment on good snorkeling adventures!

Thanks for the responses ... I guess I should have added that I am not so much interested in snorkeling because I think I will get my fill for that in Grand Caymand and Belize ... I really want to do something different in Costa Maya.

But for the sake of others who are curious about what to do in Costa Maya, dont hesitate to comment on good snorkeling adventures!

We went t pez quadro and jut did the beach thing but while we were there we saw the dune buggy excursion and it did look like they were having a good time, later on back on the ship i was speaking to another guy that did the dune buggys with his family and said it was awesome and that they had a real nice lunch on the beach with hammocks or swimming in the water depends on your preferance, dune buggy is small but fits 4 people and they all follow each other thru different areas and end up on the beach. Maybe somebody on here went on it and can tell you more. This was a Carnival excursion

This is, after all, the Costa MAYA!

I seriously recommend the Mayan experience with David and Ivan to the Chacchoben ruins and the Mayan village.

http://chacchobenruins.com

Check out our report and pictures at

http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/wcarib.html

Have a GREAT cruise!

Mike ... thanks for the recommendation ... we've actually considered this one. I will have to read your review!

We went t pez quadro and jut did the beach thing but while we were there we saw the dune buggy excursion and it did look like they were having a good time, later on back on the ship i was speaking to another guy that did the dune buggys with his family and said it was awesome and that they had a real nice lunch on the beach with hammocks or swimming in the water depends on your preferance, dune buggy is small but fits 4 people and they all follow each other thru different areas and end up on the beach. Maybe somebody on here went on it and can tell you more. This was a Carnival excursion

OOOHHH ... Dune Buggies ... now that sounds like fun and may satisfy my need for adventure!!

Archived