Front of the ship room question

I have an inside, 2nd floor (Cat N) room booked on Enchantment of the Seas and the price dropped for the Cat. under ours but I'm told it is in the front of the ship.

I'm wondering if it would be worth the $30 to downgrade since I don't plan on being in the room but to sleep and shower, as we're both cruising on a tight budget :( and I'd rather use the money for spending elsewhere BUT I've heard you're more prone to motion sickness at the front, but what about down that low (deck 2)? I cruised once before and remember the higher decks toward the front I could really feel it sometimes but my cabin was in the middle.

Thanks for any help

The supposed rule is that the LOWER you are on the ship and the more MID-SHIP you are, the less you feel the motion.

That is more true on smaller and older ships, less true on newer and larger ships. I really don't feel much difference on ANY ship.

Are you just moving from one category of inside stateroom to the other, for a price savings? Honestly, I don't think it will make that much difference in terms of motion if you're staying on the same lower deck. But, if you really like where you are, you have to weigh whatever cost savings you're getting versus the POTENTIAL motion sickness factor.

If you are in the Carib it may not be a big factor the waters are calmmer. If you are in the Pacific or rougher waters the bow will bounce more. Hold a pencil just past the middle and wiggle it you will get the idea. If you are affected by motion sickness and your self help treatment don't work you'll spend the extra saving on the needle the ship Dr gives you and the loss of one day (at least)

Archived