Plus Sized ladies..

bostonlass

I wear a 16W and am wondering what everyone's favorite place to shop for plus sized cruisewear is? I've been finding a lot on ebay but that's about it. I really don't care for Lane Bryant....somehow their clothes just don't do it for me for some reason. Any thoughts?

I like Macy's plus size dept. called Macy's Woman. Not all Macy's stores have a Macy's Woman dept. and some that do are small. But when you find a store that does have a good sized plus size dept., they have a great selection and the mark downs and sales make the clothes affordable. I find Lane Bryant to be hit and miss and I don't find their quality to be the greatest. Other stores/websites that carry plus sizes are Eddie Bauer, Nordstrom, Lands End and LL Bean.

Lydia

Thanks so much! I guess I'm a naiive shopper because I never knew QVC sold clothes! I always thought that they did jewlery only. Uh oh......I really really like the Quaker clothing!!:D :D :D I'll just have to try not to get addicted now!

I buy most of my clothes at Macy Women. I've been able to get lots of Liz Claiborne clothes there and for cheap money. Last week I got a couple pairs of shorts and a sweater by Liz for only $20.00 :D

In addition to being a 16W bottom (smaller top), I am SHORT...have had great luck at Talbots...especially for crop pants that are actually the right length!!! In most other brands, I have to have them shortened (which I even do with golf, microfiber shorts). So I can get 16PW's there. They are pricey....but they FIT. Who ever said that when your butt got bigger........your legs got longer....WRONGOOOOO.

Bostonlass You should try Catherines in Danvers on Endicott St. where Chuckie Cheese is. You may be able to fit in some of the small sizes. I use to shop there all the time, but I have been on a diet and have lost 58lbs so alot of there sizes are to large. If your are not to tall you could fit into there petitie sizes. You could also try New york and Co at North shore Mall. I order from Lane Bryants Catalog. I am only over the line from you in Lynn.

I love Talbots- there is an outlet store here in Hingham. They have regular size 16, women's 16 , and 16 petites. The prices are very good particularly when they have clearance sales. I realize that you live on the other side of the city but the deals are so good it would be worth a special trip occasionally.

My mom loves Talbots and I guess that's why I don't buy my clothes there. :p No offense...I think she looks great and all but I need to be different and all that. They're having a huge sale right now btw.

I just went to Macy's and checked out their woman department (yes I'm 38 and have never been to this section) and made out like a bandit! I loved the Style & Co clothes that I got and most things were between 25% and 50% off!!! (They're also having a home sale so I got the Cuisinart coffee maker that I've been wanting (it grinds and then brews and is programmable:D ) on sale)

I think I'm all done for now but will be on the lookout for more sales!! Thanks for everyone's help.:)

I agree with Avenue. My dad and step-mom get me clothes from Avenue every Christmas, and they are so nice, comfortable, and look good. They do tend to stay in the classic styles.

I am a size 22/24, but with large hips. Sometimes I go up to a 26 just so the tops don't get "stuck"! LOL I did a lot of my pre-cruise shoping at (gasp!) Wal-mart. They do have larger sizes and they have petite plus sizes. They carry a brand called "George" that is a slinky-type fabric, perfect for travel, doesn't wrinklem and is sooooo comfortable.

You could also check our Kohls.com and Boacovs.com. They are department stores (local to me, but they have web shopping). Don't forget the others, JCPenney.com, Macys.com and others. Oh, I almost forgot another of my online places, http://www.coldwatercreek.com.

I hope this helps.

I buy a lot of my clothes at either Augus Max (the plus size store from Casual Corner and Petite Sophisticate company) or Elizabeth (Liz Claiborne plus size) - love the outlet mall as well their internet site. While visiting my son in Ft. Myers, I bought a such a huge amount of clothing at the Liz and Elizabeth outlet that I had to buy an extra suitcase to bring them home.

Try Coldwater Creek! Many of their styles are also available in women's sizes, and they have fabulous sales in the store and online.

I'm also short but it's just my arms and legs. The waists are too short in petites, so I have resigned myself to buying regular lengths and having to hem everything (or taking them to my wonderful, reasonably-priced alterations lady).

I absolutely positively love Liz Claiborne. Her clothes always fit right, feel good and last forever. She has a women's shop called Elisabeth. You can get some great deals online also. Nordstroms, LL Bean, Lauren by Ralph Lauren (ladies section) are all great too. I am a 18/20 W and am short. I have always felt Liz was the way to go. Tommy Hillfiger's stuff is great too. Good luck and have a ball shopping!

Home Shopping Network online has a line of Slinky brand clothing. Slinky is that knit that doesn't wrinkle, etc. I had found a few pieces actually in Walmart and Kmart on clearance and found out out HSN that night that it's bigger than I thought! I have found the slinky stuff to be cool and very comfortable. I have also found this type of clothing at JCPenney online (sorry but I can't think of the brand name at JCP).

Cato's Fashions...

They are fun cloths, that don't cost alot, and they are made very well..

I bought 2 new short dresses (casual) for 9.99 a piece..just this past weekend...for that price, I don't mind if I only wear it once and never wear it again....

Good luck, and have a great cruise...

I agree with Cato's - clothes/pricing are wonderful. I adore their pants (cotton knit fabric with wide elastic waist and drawstring). These wash up like a dream. They also have shorts in the same style. I live in Canada but shop at the Cato's in Boyton Beach whenever I visit my parents. The bonus for me is I need a plus size bottom but regular size top. Since their stores carry both I can mix and match to come up with great co-ordinating outfits. Mom helps by watching for sales & buying stuff for me.

Debbie

Ladies, don't forget your local plus sized clothing boutiques. I found one today and the sales were very nice. Every 25% off helps and you may find things there that are more in line with your style as well as size. I know I did!!

A lovely swimdress in my signature color... black LOL. A terrific rayon knit sweater the same shade as those purple irises. And a half slip that was long enough and wide enough.

Happy Shopping

:( :(

I ordered a matching hawaiin shirt/dress set for DF and I for our October cruse and it came in today. Ordered it from rainbowhawaii.com. I got a large for him and a 2xl for me. I'm normally a 1x, or a 16W and he's always a large.

Well his fits *perfectly*.

mine doesn't zip up.

I can't tell you how upset I am and to boot I logged onto the website and that particular print is no longer available in 3x...

I guess I'll just return it and get something tropical albeit not matching to wear on Island night.

Archived