Jet ski on bora bora

nikita

I would like to book a jet ski tour when we get there without booking in advance. We plan on doing the aqua safari in the morning and jet ski later. Will it be possible to jet ski and book at pier? Thank you.

i believe there are about 3 different places that have jet skis, matira is one. i found bora bora to be one of the easiest places to book something at the dock. i found everyone that lives and works there is helpful to each other. they will call someone for you on their cell. very friendly and helpful. jet ski, ATVs,snorkling,4x4s. have fun!!:)

i believe there are about 3 different places that have jet skis, matira is one. i found bora bora to be one of the easiest places to book something at the dock. i found everyone that lives and works there is helpful to each other. they will call someone for you on their cell. very friendly and helpful. jet ski, ATVs,snorkling,4x4s. have fun!!:)

Thank you for the information!!! I will just wait and book something there and not worry about it now.

Some of the posts say that the Jet Boat excursion is a better bargain....what do you think ?

I would say it would depend on what you want to do. A Jet Boat and Jet Ski are very different things. I wouldn't be interested in the Jet Boat at all...even if it were cheaper, but loved the Jet Ski tour - my husband and I shared the Jet Ski.

• 1 month later...
So you can rent jet skis from the pier? We have been unsuccessful in lining something up ahead of time....either already booked or they don't respond to our emails. I'd love to rent a jet ski if possible.

When we were in Bora Bora, there wasn't anyone with a "booth" at the pier that ran jet ski tours. However, our tablemates were able to book one for the morning of the second day by calling from a phone both - for less than we paid prebooking. As a previous poster says, I'm sure someone there will help point you in the right direction.

It's one of the best excurions we've ever taken...we had a blast...it was on my 40th birthday and I'll never forget it!!! I hope you're able to book it.

We reserved a jet ski tour before arriving on Bora Bora through Raphael at Top Exursions (I think they are a part of Top Dive) --the email was: activity@bblr.pf

It cost us close to $250 in advance for the both of us on one jet skii. We were on the 10:30 to 1:30 time frame. They offered three different times: 8:30, 10:30 and 1:30p.m They told us that if the ship was re-routed they would just adjust the schedule accordingly.

We got off the TP at 10:00 and at 10:30 they still had not shown up. My husband talked to someone there on the dock who called the company--they said they were running late. About 5 minutes later (about 10:50) a boat showed up at the dock and picked us up.

The waves were pretty intense there in the harbor and it takes several minutes to get the feel of the jet skii so the first 15 minutes wasn't that fun. (The wind was blowing and it was raining on and off) Then we got around to the side and finally the back side of the island and it was everything we hoped for. Crystal clear water and much smoother. There was only one other couple with us besides the guide. We took turns being the driver--and then stopped at a little motu to rest and snack on pineapple, bananas and coconuts. Very nice. Then back to the property where they keep the jetskiis.

The day we jet skiied was our actual anniversary so we didn't want to take any chances with finding a company on the dock. To us it was worth every penny!

We asked them to drop us at Bloody Mary's rather than the ship so we could meet friends. Their cheeseburgers and mai tais were a perfect way to end the stay on Bora Bora.

Whatever you do...have a wonderful time!

--Kathy

Hey Kathy,

We did have a wonderful time - I'm sure you didn't know you were replying to my post (Monica and Glenn of PA) since no one knew my internet name "Nikita". haha. We didn't get to jet ski but had a nice time with you at Bloody Marys! It sure was a nice cruise and meeting all the nice people on this board made it even nicer - including you and your husband. I'm glad the strike didn't last long although I guess it wouldn't have been too terrible to spend a few more days in Tahiti! Take Care!

Monica

Hey Monica,

That WAS a good one! I never did know what your screen name was--until now. Obviously you guys got home okay--us too--but we picked up a cold on the way. It didn't hit us until the next day so it didn't ruin any of the trip--but it made recovery a little tougher!

Yes, it was fun wasn't it! And thanks again for the drinks at Bloody Mary's--I will remember them fondly for a long time.:D I also have some photos of you and Glenn that I'll have to email you-- and I DO have your email!

--Kathy

Ia orana

Golden travel rule when going to the tropics, pack a sweater for the flights. Best place to get that extra dose of Ac especially while flying back.

Hope that loking back at your trip through the photos will make you feel better soon.

meherio

• 2 weeks later...

Archived