Another Miami Hotel decision

texanitalian

I have found so much information on this message board, but not much about Miami Beach Resort and Spa, 4833 Collins Avenue, (formerly Wyndham Miami Beach Resort). I'm looking for a reasonable priced hotel within walking distance of area attractions for one night, pre-cruise stay. I'm estimating $65 for taxi fairs from airport/to port round trip. This hotel has good reviews on tripadvisor, but there were no comments from pre-night cruisers.

Also considering Holiday Inn Port of Maimi Downtown (340 Biscayne Boulevard); the location is acceptable, but it really doesnt look too appealing from the pictures. Thanks!

I have found so much information on this message board...

Also considering Holiday Inn Port of Maimi Downtown (340 Biscayne Boulevard); the location is acceptable, but it really doesnt look too appealing from the pictures. Thanks!

It's acceptable. We've stayed there in a group of 9 in March, 2007, and the location is better than acceptable, if you are into the touristy thing as Bayside Market is just across the street. The rooms are nothing to write home about, but they are acceptable.

We are staying there again in Sept...so it can't be *all* bad.:cool:

GP

I too was faced with this same decision as we are staying in Miami here in 2 weeks. I also researched all the hotels nearest the port. I even did a Priceline and recieved the Raddison until I started reading some really bad things so I opted to forfeit my night there ($50) because of the hotel and its surroundings.

I also read some negatives on the Holiday Inn and the price of their rooms was right at what I actually reserved.

Anyhow, we are staying 2 nights (and its easier not to move hotels the next day also) at the Marriott Biscayne Bay. I have stayed at many Marriotts in my time and I feel that Marriott has very good service and clean hotels. I have researched this one extensively between here and on Tripadvisor and 90% of the reviews are good. Its a quick ride on the Metromover over to Bayside so that's not a problem either.

Whereever you stay, have a great time,

Esmerelda

I have found so much information on this message board, but not much about Miami Beach Resort and Spa, 4833 Collins Avenue, (formerly Wyndham Miami Beach Resort). I'm looking for a reasonable priced hotel within walking distance of area attractions for one night, pre-cruise stay. I'm estimating $65 for taxi fairs from airport/to port round trip. This hotel has good reviews on tripadvisor, but there were no comments from pre-night cruisers.

I stayed at this hotel while it was still a Wyndham Hotel.

Pros: It is a beautiful old hotel with a gorgeous lobby, fantastic pool area and outside bar, fantastic oceanfront views, great rooms with a cute remodel.

Cons: Horrible location and you cannot walk to anything. It is on the start of the boardwalk but it is in an isolated Mid Beach location.

For the money, I think you could find something better in South Beach where you can walk to everything.

Forgot to add that one of the pros is that it is very close to my favorite Miami restaurants, The Forge!

Archived