UK cruisers, trouble with Princess.com?

Bestbubba

Is it just me? Up to today I could log onto Princess.com (NOT co.uk) and all the pricing was in dollars and the cruises were on sale into 2009. Today when I logged on all the prices are in sterling and the cruises only go up to the dates currently on sale in the UK. All cruises beyond those dates just say they have no prices and phone Princess UK. Like they are really going to give me a price on the 2008/9 exotics that don't open up in the UK till Sept 3rd:rolleyes:

Anyone else found this?

Sue (Booked and deposited Australia/Asia cruise for Feb 2009 and would REALLY like to keep track of my price!)

Is it just me? Up to today I could log onto Princess.com (NOT co.uk) and all the pricing was in dollars and the cruises were on sale into 2009. Today when I logged on all the prices are in sterling and the cruises only go up to the dates currently on sale in the UK. All cruises beyond those dates just say they have no prices and phone Princess UK. Like they are really going to give me a price on the 2008/9 exotics that don't open up in the UK till Sept 3rd:rolleyes:

Anyone else found this?

Sue (Booked and deposited Australia/Asia cruise for Feb 2009 and would REALLY like to keep track of my price!)

I actually noticed it literally change whilst I was on the .com site yesterday. I saw a price for a cruise in Apr.08 in $, changed page to view the itinerary and when I went back to the prices it had changed into £'s..

I actually noticed it literally change whilst I was on the .com site yesterday. I saw a price for a cruise in Apr.08 in $, changed page to view the itinerary and when I went back to the prices it had changed into £'s..

I'm glad it's not just me, I was beginning to feel a bit paranoid, but you know what they say - it's not paranoia if they are REALLY out to get you;)

Sue

I'm glad it's not just me' date=' I was beginning to feel a bit paranoid, but you know what they say - it's not paranoia if they are REALLY out to get you;)

Sue

Which indeed they are ..!!

Anyone else found this?

Have you checked these new Sterling prices against existing brochure prices, are they the US prices converted at current xchange rate, or are they just a copy of Princess UK prices?

To keep track of your dollar price try using a website that gives brochure price and the discount price, like vacations to go.

Answering my own earlier question, the Sterling prices on Princess.com are a straight lift from the UK brochure, air fares included. Beware though, the start date is cruise start, not flight date from UK, important where you have an overnight hotel stay.

To keep track of your dollar price try using a website that gives brochure price and the discount price, like vacations to go.

Answering my own earlier question, the Sterling prices on Princess.com are a straight lift from the UK brochure, air fares included. Beware though, the start date is cruise start, not flight date from UK, important where you have an overnight hotel stay.

Thanks for the tip! I love the V-T-G site. Honestly the hoops we have to jump through!:rolleyes:

Thanks again

Sue

Sue,

I noticed the change yesterday. Previously I could log on to .com (as saved to my favourites) ~ now the automatic default is .co.uk. Their system must detect the location of your IP address.

That said, I rarely use the Princess own website to look for drops in the fare. I actually use a variety of US online websites to check prices. You'd be surprised at how the prices vary from one US site to the next. I just go through the process of making a dummy booking, (obviously not commiting) to get the full price including any duty and taxes.

Good Luck

Laura

Sue,

That said, I rarely use the Princess own website to look for drops in the fare. I actually use a variety of US online websites to check prices. You'd be surprised at how the prices vary from one US site to the next. I just go through the process of making a dummy booking, (obviously not commiting) to get the full price including any duty and taxes.

Good Luck

Laura

Just a tip: not always are the online websites posted prices the lowest they will go. You need to call and talk with a rep to see just how low they will go. You'd be surprised.

Sue

The US booking will generate a new Captain's Circle number meaning that you have two different ones e.g. UK and US membership nos. Whilst the two cannot be permanently combined, if you visit the Captain's Circle Rep when you get on board, providing details of your previous cruises, he or she will be able to pass on your platinum perks for the duration of that cruise.

Laura

Hi Laura

Yes, we had to do that when we booked with KK a few cruises ago. It just irks me to spend my precious cruise time queuing to sort something that really shouldn't need sorting!

Although Princess is my favourite, I have to say you don't get this hassle with Royal Caribbean.

Happy cruising (when is your next one?)

Sue

Sue,

I leave this coming Thursday, headed for the Med aboard the Emerald Princess. It should be fun as we are a party of 15 this time (3 families).

I agree I hate having to go and see the Captain's Circle rep and on the last cruise didn't bother. I will this time as we too have reached platinum status and I want to internet discount that goes with it.

Off topic... can you drop me an email... I'm after a favour. Looking for your opinion on something.

Laura

Archived