Pre cruise stay in Orlando

bob326

:confused: Need to know which resort would be the best to do a pre stay before we set sail on the disney magic (Feb 2008)... Traveling with 2 toddlers and it is more important to have a smooth cruise checkin, within the resort...

Do you want a hotel in Orlando or closer to the port, like at Cocoa Beach?

Is this for one night?

I think you were referring to the Orlando area, if so you may as well stay at the Hyatt, right at the airport. If it's for the night before the cruise this is nice. You have plenty of foods to choose from, it is quiet and they have a nice pool too. In the morning you just go down stairs and rent a car or catch your shuttle to go to the port which is an hour away.

If you want to go to Cocoa beach you have several good choices only 5 minutes from the port.

The Radisson,, The Residence Inn, The Country Inn and Suites, and a little farther from the port is Ron Jon Resort.

All of these are nice to stay at and you can google search their name and find them on line to check them out.

If i have misunderstood the length of time and you want a hotel where you can have things around you to do, please let me know.

mom x4,grandma x4

Sorry I was not too clear... We want to stay in one of the disney resorts because of the convience of the cruise checkin and transfer, but we heard that some of the pricer resorts didn't have a smooth disney cruise checkin... Looking for someone who can recommend a disney resort for a prestay who had a good experience before sailing on a disney cruise...

I would recommend the Wilderness Lodge. It is in between High priced and Moderate. They have an electric boat parade you can watch from the beach, you can take a boat over to the Magic Kingdom then take a monorail if you want. Also, it is not spread out like the moderate resorts. They are great, but sssssooooo big! We liked Port Orleans Riverside (moderate) as well. The other resort we really had fun at was the Beach Club Resort. (High end). However, the pool is amazing with a sandy bottom and a pirate ship water slide. Also, 5 minute walk to Epcot, close to the Boardwalk and Yacht Club resort, and a short boat ride to MGM. I think in terms of pools, that was the favorite of our kids. Have a wonderful trip!

The check in is easy no matter what hotel you pick. I find it easier to stay at the port and avoid a 1 hour drive in the morning. So think about it! check in is a breeze.

But if you stay in the Disney area, I STONGLY suggest the Animal Kingdom Lodge. The kids will LOVE the animals coming out at night for the feedings, and Boma is the best restaurant! On top of that, the pool is fantastic with a zero entry for the toddlers! It's usually the same price as Wilderness Lodge, probably about 200.00 or less.

Quick questions on the AKL. We are thinking about taking our DD (will be about 19 months) there in October 2008 before our double dip cruise. Do we have to get a balcony room to see the animals or can you see them from the lobby/public area? I love the zero-depth entry pools! Do you know if they have a playground area as well? Thanks in advance!

In reply to your post I can tell you first hand that the nickelodeon suites hotel in Orlando would be your best bet. From the airport it's about the same disntance to disney world. I've taken many disney cruises and stayed at the swan hotel and on the boardwalk in disney world. I always stayed in one of the disney resorts because of the convenience of checking in to the cruise. Last time we went on a cruise ( Nov. 07') we stayed at the nickelodeon hotel. This has got to be the best kid friendly hotel ever. I too have two todlers and wanted them to have fun. There was so much to do, it was the best hotel ever. On the day of our cruise we took a cab to the swan hotel ( about 10-15 min away). There we took the disney charter bus straight to the port. We hade booked ground transportation with Disney so no matter where you stay you just show up to the swan hotel by noonish and it will take you on the hour long drive to the port.

The price of staying on the nick hotel and the disney resort are the same but the nick hotel had various activities just log on to their website

http://www.nickhotel.com/ and you can tour the facility ( dora and jimmy nutron kid suites) and quote a room.

Quick questions on the AKL. We are thinking about taking our DD (will be about 19 months) there in October 2008 before our double dip cruise. Do we have to get a balcony room to see the animals or can you see them from the lobby/public area? I love the zero-depth entry pools! Do you know if they have a playground area as well? Thanks in advance!

We stayed at AKL twice. Once in a standard view room and once in a concierge room (with Savannah view). Honestly, there are so many great viewing areas (around the hotel) that I enjoyed so much more than the one from our room that unless the price is pretty close, I wouldn't bother. But there are those who think the room's balcony is great.

Of course we don't have kiddos, so it was pretty easy to leave the room and sit in a quiet viewing area. Now that I think about it, maybe someone with kids should answer you!

We stayed at AKL in 05, and the first room they assigned us was looking at the feeding stations. I complained and was moved to a room with a better view. Would I recommend AKL? actually no, The rooms are a hike from the front lobby and it is sooooooooooo far away from everything else in Disney. ( The lobby was interesting, but it is very dark). The animals were cool to see at night with night vision goggles, but was it worth the extra money? I would rather stay at the Contemporary and see Magic Kingdom fireworks from my balcony, or stay at the Polynesian. You can ride the monorail for free!!

Archived