Common courtesy

sdear

There definitely are afew insensitive people here, but at least agreatdeal of useful information is exchanged on these message boards and abunch of new friendships are formed. Overall I'd say cruise critic is aton of fun and very useful, but like anywhere, there are always asmallnumber of bad seeds.

Funny....

Gonzo....ruaninstigator? :D

There definitely are afew insensitive people here, but at least agreatdeal of useful information is exchanged on these message boards and abunch of new friendships are formed. Overall I'd say cruise critic is aton of fun and very useful, but like anywhere, there are always asmallnumber of bad seeds.

Gonzo!! If I didn't know better, I'd think you're original post was just being atad sarcastic in order to show how the simplest thing on this board can turn into abig argument. ;)

A new member to cc here. I have also noticed that there is sometimes a rush to judgment in posts and people making assumptions. In fact, a few times I have decided not to ask a question because I have already figured out how negative the response will be (I have never been on a cruise – we have one booked for December). However, this is not unique to cc (I am a member of several on-line communities) and it is certainly milder than some, where folks get down right nasty. The anonymity of the web seems to bring that out in people who can say things without any repercussions (and of course there are many folks who are rude to people to their face too). A little common courtesy can go a long way (but sadly there is way too little common courtesy these days).
Hey.just wanted to say I LOVE Hoops and Yoyo.....

Sorry SDear to veer off topic..:)

I come here to give and share information. I agree that some posts are uncalled for, I just skip over those. Some need to be taken with a grain of salt. Expressions and feelings are very difficult to put into text. Some times it comes across harsh when it was meant to be funny or amusing. Sometimes it just comes acroos wrong and everyone takes offense.

I too have made friends on the boards, cruised with some of you and look foreword to meeting more of you in our future cruises! ;)

I am not a new member around here but as you see I rarely post...mmm...I wonder why? It has everything to do with Sdear's thread.

I love the good info I can get on this board but I so do not like ugliness. I was raised to be nice and polite even to those who are rude and nasty. Why people have to go in that direction is beyond me.

I am sure someone who is nasty will love to pick me apart here. Umm should I have spelled it a part though? Not postive. Now that is not a flame just did not want that person to jump on me too quickly.

I say we all just try to be nice and bite our tongues a little more often. :D

A new member to cc here. I have also noticed that there is sometimes a rush to judgment in posts and people making assumptions. In fact, a few times I have decided not to ask a question because I have already figured out how negative the response will be (I have never been on a cruise – we have one booked for December). However, this is not unique to cc (I am a member of several on-line communities) and it is certainly milder than some, where folks get down right nasty. The anonymity of the web seems to bring that out in people who can say things without any repercussions (and of course there are many folks who are rude to people to their face too). A little common courtesy can go a long way (but sadly there is way too little common courtesy these days).

Very well said. It's a shame when you feel that you can't ask a question with out your intentions being put under a microscope, and then ridiculed.

I think the moderators here do a far better job than many other internet message boards out there

I disagree about the moderators. Where are they when a thread gets out of hand. Wait, I know they are pulling all the threads where there is too much fun going on... I think they need to re think the strategy here. :eek: JMO

I work with the public so I see rudeness all the time. I just figure they are having a bad day and need someone to take it out on... Not the right way to do things but it seems some people just need/have to be rude. Usually they are the people that are unhappy with thier lives. Kinda sad really.

To all the first time cruisers...

DON'T WORRY... BE HAPPY!!:) :) :)

Now we are goin' on a sea cruise!!!:D :D :D

I work with the public so I see rudeness all the time. I just figure they are having a bad day and need someone to take it out on... Not the right way to do things but it seems some people just need/have to be rude. Usually they are the people that are unhappy with thier lives. Kinda sad really.

I agree - my DH works in retail jewelry sales and appraisals and rude behavior seems to be the norm. People schedule appointments with him on what are to be his days off, and then never call or show up ever again. Now these are people who walk into his store - it is a stand-alone store - and specifically seek out an appointment. And this happens at least 75 % of the time. People ask to look at things in the case while they are talking on their cell phones (he refuses - cites insurance purposes). They let their small children run screaming around the store. I just don't think that the average person thinks that they need to be courteous any more.

I realize that it's not about adhering to a rigid set of rules and regulations, but at least treat other people the way that you would like to be treated. Do others have such low self-worth that they really would not mind being treated this way themselves?

Why are you so critical of me? Please grant me a little common courtesy! :rolleyes:

LOL:D you ARE a mess, and I mean that in the nicest of ways.. ps. I had to spell check to respond to you... I hope your happy;)

OP, yep feel the same way, I try to go back and see if my comments have irritated some... and yep sure as heck they have.... keeps me in check, gives me a chance to clarify... and some days it gives me a chance to lick the ***** stick and then say "I'm sorry"... so having both been offended and having been offensive I know what ya mean. We all can get snarky at times, I think it's easier to swallow if people stopped back and said.... "dang, sorry I was a snit", or heck you sure took what I typed wrong. Anyway... thanks for the reminder.

happy cruising all

Gonzo!! If I didn't know better, I'd think you're original post was just being atad sarcastic in order to show how the simplest thing on this board can turn into abig argument. ;)

Very astute! :)

Archived