Grand Cayman Excursions

I tries this on the GC board...no luck:

Hi All-

I have a question....we are traveling with another family and they would like to take a catamaran and go snorkeling and we would like to go to 7 Mile Beach....does anyone know of an excursion that combines the two of these things?

T

Hi Teresa,

I thought that RCi had an excursion like that offered. At least, I recall that there was one this past February when I was in Grand Caymen - my group ended up opting for going to the beach on our own instead.

Regards,

Shannon

Hi All-

I have a question....we are traveling with another family and they would like to take a catamaran and go snorkeling and we would like to go to 7 Mile Beach....does anyone know of an excursion that combines the two of these things?

T

I tries this on the GC board...no luck:

Hi All-

T

There was an excursion that is exactly as you said when i sailed the navigator, it was a blast! If any thing catamarans are great even without 7mile.

Shannon and EFCruiser-

Thanks to both of you---when the excursions are posted for my cruise I will look for that one!

If we don't end up doing that, where is a good place to enter on 7 mile beach? Is there a public access entrance with chair and umbrella rental and a bathroom?

Thanks again-

Teresa

Yes--all public areas have all facilities and rentals. Also, snack bars/bars! It's easy to grab a bus or cab at the pier and go! No excursion needed for that! Just make sure to keep an eye on the returning traffic (which isn't hard--the road is steps from the beach) because there is only 1 road back to the ship, and traffic can backup at times.

We had a great day out at Seven Mile Beach. Don't remember the name of the individual beach but it was the second stop the taxi made. We rented loungers and umbrellas and were right in front of the snack bar which also had very clean toilets.

Here's a bit of video we took; it ends up back on the Mariner with Captain Per giving his sailing announcement.

Steve

How about Stingray City and a beach break? We did that this past Febuary and had a blast.

Rollie

That's the one I've always wanted to do. Booked it twice and both times I was in Grand Cayman I had the poor luck of the excursion being canceled because of choppy seas. Hopefully I can do the similar one in Bermuda on my cruise next spring.

Archived