NCL Crown to Bermuda Questions!

seaside65

I am booked in room 8023 category AG. Apparently this room has a 40% obstruction, thoughts on that? (darn life boats, who needs 'em?!!!) Also, the square footage is the same as all other mini-suites, but this particular room is "L" shaped. I was told it looks out between 2 life boats. Now I am thinking I should move up a category......or hope for an upgrade?

I am travelling with my mom, turning 75 that week! I'd like to bring her to a beach that has easy access. She can't do stairs well, bum knee. I travelled with my husband to Bermuda last year, and the beaches we visited were off the beaten track, had many stairs and was steep to the beach. Looking for suggestions here. The website www.bermuda-online.org/BPHA.htm indicates it's a tough country for accessibility. guess I need first hand knowledge here!

I don't mind the obstruction. At least sunlight penetrates the room, inside cabins have no sunlight. You still have wonderful views from the promenade and lido decks.

I know there is a small beach on the east side of the island without steps. Surely there are others elsewhere.

Seaside65,

You might try Elbow Beach. Possibly obtain a "day pass" at the Elbow Beach Hotel to use their beach and facilities. Ask them about their access to the beach (stairs?). I thought this was relatively easy access. This beach is best to go while in Hamilton. Our friends would go and have lunch in their restaurant and use their beach.

Also, while in Hamilton, you can take the ferry over to the Dockyard (King's Wharf). There you will find Snorkel Park and there aren't any stairs to the beach. They also have a bar/snack stand and you can rent chairs and maybe umbrellas, too.

Plus, if your mom gets tired of the beach, there's plenty of shopping, (the Bermuda Craft Market and mall) and some cute pubs for dining. There's also the tour of the Maritime Museum.

While in St. George, take a taxi to Tobacco Bay Beach or St. Catherine's. It is pretty cheap to go that way and you can easily get a taxi back to the dock. (especially St. Catherine's). They also have chair rentals.

If you want to go to any of the South Shore beaches, you will have to walk from the bus to the beach. The taxi driver will probably bring you down closer to the beach, but you will need to arrange for a pickup in the same spot. Horseshoe Bay Beach had shuttles to/from the main road (it is quite a steep walk).

We're sailing on the Crown 9/9. When are you going?

Hope this helps,

Cruzluvr54

I am booked in room 8023 category AG. Apparently this room has a 40% obstruction, thoughts on that? (darn life boats, who needs 'em?!!!) Also, the square footage is the same as all other mini-suites, but this particular room is "L" shaped. I was told it looks out between 2 life boats. Now I am thinking I should move up a category......or hope for an upgrade?

I am travelling with my mom, turning 75 that week! I'd like to bring her to a beach that has easy access. She can't do stairs well, bum knee. I travelled with my husband to Bermuda last year, and the beaches we visited were off the beaten track, had many stairs and was steep to the beach. Looking for suggestions here. The website www.bermuda-online.org/BPHA.htm indicates it's a tough country for accessibility. guess I need first hand knowledge here!

you might try Warwick long bay, which if you take a taxi or scooter (MOM, well maybe) has a parking lot right at the beach, you'll go down a big hill to get to the parking lot, but you won't be walking. and right next to it, really on the other side of a few big rocks maybe 20-30 yards is Jobson Cove, a small cove not at all deep surrounded on most sides by very big rocks, great for snorkeling or just floating around. Warwick long bay has rest rooms, but no concession stands.

When we went with the kids, it wasn't crowded at all, we did the cove and then when they got bored we walked over to the much larger beach at warwick and then swam around and jumped the waves and body surfed..

NCL was selling on board, a day pack that can hold a towel, assorted sundries, has a wet compartment for the suit, places for 2 water bottles and a dry pouch for a camera and cash or other things you might want to keep dry for $10 at the shore excursion desk, not a bad thing especialy if you decide to go elsewhere after the beach.

I'll see if snapfish develops my pics from the beaches soon and try and attach 1 or 2 of them if they came out .

Regards,

Tom

It has been discussed on the Bermuda board that there are NO hotels in Bermuda that offer day passes. I would absolutely not recommend the public side of Elbow beach for someone who has mobility problems. If you would like to have lunch at Elbow Beach, there is the option of using the Dine Ashore program for lunch at the outdoor patio at the Elbow Beach Club. If you take a cab to Horseshoe Beach it will drop you off at the bottom of the hill, and then the cabs pick you up from the bottom of the hill.

you might try Warwick long bay, which if you take a taxi or scooter (MOM, well maybe) has a parking lot right at the beach, you'll go down a big hill to get to the parking lot, but you won't be walking. and right next to it, really on the other side of a few big rocks maybe 20-30 yards is Jobson Cove, a small cove not at all deep surrounded on most sides by very big rocks, great for snorkeling or just floating around. Warwick long bay has rest rooms, but no concession stands.

When we went with the kids, it wasn't crowded at all, we did the cove and then when they got bored we walked over to the much larger beach at warwick and then swam around and jumped the waves and body surfed..

NCL was selling on board, a day pack that can hold a towel, assorted sundries, has a wet compartment for the suit, places for 2 water bottles and a dry pouch for a camera and cash or other things you might want to keep dry for $10 at the shore excursion desk, not a bad thing especialy if you decide to go elsewhere after the beach.

I'll see if snapfish develops my pics from the beaches soon and try and attach 1 or 2 of them if they came out .

Regards,

Tom

not the best quality , but passable

Warwick is the 1st pic, Jobson the second.

and this was about as crowded as they got..

Tom

1822906220_warwicklb.jpg.6bbda56ca5bc738625dbf603f9ce9b37.jpg

1944225549_josboncove.jpg.9b3605c4f34016726064904defa51dee.jpg

It has been discussed on the Bermuda board that there are NO hotels in Bermuda that offer day passes. I would absolutely not recommend the public side of Elbow beach for someone who has mobility problems. If you would like to have lunch at Elbow Beach, there is the option of using the Dine Ashore program for lunch at the outdoor pats io at the Elbow Beach Club. If you take a cab to Horseshoe Beach it will drop you off at the bottom of the hill, and then the cabs pick you up from the bottom of the hill.

i read in NCL literature that you could buy a day pass to 9 Beaches. Let me just say, I stayed there last year and it is AWESOME!

Archived