What's the best cruise line?

Len3

I was on Adventure of the Seas 3 weeks ago and everyone in our group loved it (wife and nieces). We were on Azamara Journey two years ago and the two of us loved it. We've done Celebrity 5 times and are going out on Summit in January. Celebrity is my preference, but you can't go wrong with RCI or Azamara either.

• 2 months later...
We have been on Carnival twice, the first a short cruise which we hated. We were convinced to try a longer cruise, "the atmosphere is different!" It wasn't. We hate the gaudiness, glitzy-ness, "cheap Las Vegas" atmosphere of the decor, the ever-loud announcements all the time, the false heartiness and "I'm your best friend" behavior of crew and other passengers.

We've gone on to cruise on Princess, and on NCL, and like both of them, for different reasons. Princess for the ambiance, the afternoon teas; NCL for the casual freestyle dining, casual dress, laid back atmosphere. I'm researching for another cruise now, and found this board, so will spend time reading through all the responses. We're 62 and 67; I use a wheelchair (and I didn't find Carnival's staff any more or less helpful than staff I encountered on either Princess or NCL). We're open to other cruise lines...but never Carnival again.

You may want to try HAL....although, we prefer the handicapped cabins of Princess best, HAL ships are extremely wheelchair friendly!

I tend to agree with the "attitude" and garish/loud accents onboard Carnival, that being said......I like to cruise them when I just want to be a "fly on the wall", I can't believe all that I see and hear! That can be fun!

My DH is a huge fan of their pizza and veggie burgers!

Archived