NCL Dawn: ? re: Obstructed oceanview cabins -

herb

Thinking of booking an obstructed oceanview (deck 8) on the Dawn.

I checked out 2 separate "virtual tour" and was surprised at how different the obstructed oceanview category looked on each website, so I thought I"d ask of those who have actually been in those cabins...

Is it 1 large window or 2 smaller windows? Any view at all or totally blocked?

Are the beds under the window(s) or are they against the side wall?

Closet/Drawer space adequate for 2 adults?

Bathroom amenities...soap,shampoo etc. in dispensers or packets?

Seating in cabin other than the beds?

Thanks for your help :)

Thinking of booking an obstructed oceanview (deck 8) on the Dawn.

I checked out 2 separate "virtual tour" and was surprised at how different the obstructed oceanview category looked on each website, so I thought I"d ask of those who have actually been in those cabins...

Is it 1 large window or 2 smaller windows? Any view at all or totally blocked?

Are the beds under the window(s) or are they against the side wall?

Closet/Drawer space adequate for 2 adults?

Bathroom amenities...soap,shampoo etc. in dispensers or packets?

Seating in cabin other than the beds?

Thanks for your help :)

1.) It's usually a large rectangular window (1 of them). The porthole cabins on deck 8 are not obstructed.

2.) The view is usually partially obstructed by a lifeboat on deck 8, and the overhang of the lowering equipment. It does let light in, but you won't have sweeping vistas of scenery to look at. The beds are usually under the window when pushed together, or slightly off to the side when separated. There are two cabins that are obstructed that are rotated 90 degrees so that the window is actually on the side wall... but these are rare.

3.) Depending on how you pack, you should find closet space and drawer space adequate.

4.) On the Dawn, this level of cabin has dispensers in the shower for soap and shampoo.

5.) There is usually a small mini-sofa or seat in the cabin as well, depending on the actual category.

A good place to look is http://www.cruisestaterooms.com

We just returned from the Dawn and had room 8090, an obstructed view. Our room had two long oval shaped windows with a blank wall in the middle. You could see out, one window better than the other, but it was still like looking through the lifeboat to see the water. Light does come in, which you may or may not like. I think I like the darkness of an inside! We had 3 adults in our room and arranged the beds in a U shape as described in this forum back in April. It worked great. Otherwise for two, the twin beds were against the side walls, or they could be made into a queen under the center of the window wall. There is a small desk table and two desk chairs in the room, no couch. Not all the rooms are the same, but we thought the room was fine and we weren't in it very much. We had 3 adults and had adequate drawer and closet space, but we didn't bring any formal clothes. The soap and shampoo in the bathroom are in dispensers. Hope this answers your questions.

We were in room 8062 on the Dawn. The window is not obstruscted. Had a clear view of the ocean. However, you could clearly hear the karaoke in the Dazzle lounge, which is directly below this room. We also arranged the beds into U -shape. This makes it easier to get around in the room .(we were 4 in the room) As for extra seating there was only a chair with small table and a round small ottoman by the mirror to sit and do hair make-up whatever. The bathroom has a dispenser for the hand soap and dispensers in the shower for hair and bath gel.

Archived