spray on nylons?

twosit

I've never tried it. To me it would be kind of like using a spray-on tan...a big, splotchy mess. It would almost have to rub off on your chlothes, especially if it's hot and humid out. I never understood why everyone is doing away with pantyhose...then "spraying on" their hose. I'd rather wear hose than have a big orange mess on my expensive dress. :rolleyes:

I've used both Nordstrom brand and Sally Hansen's Air Stocking. Sally has better color for me and is half the price.

This is just make-up for legs. You spray it on your hand and smooth it evenly over your legs, then let dry a few minutes. It's not like spray tan--you can see immediately if you have it on unevenly. You match your skin color, not try to change it. I've never had it come off on my clothes. Once I was on a trip and forgot and sprayed it directly on my legs and got too much on and it didn't look so great. It washes off in the shower but you need soap and a washcloth to remove it all.

I have a tendency to spider veins and even though I have a round or two of sclerodermy every year or two, I get new veins and blotches every year.

I hate pantyhose. When it's hot I use the spray stuff to make my legs look a little better.

Here's a thought.

In World War II, when nylons were in short supply because of rationing, women would draw lines up the backs of their legs to look like seams.

If you want to be different, give that a try. Make sure you practice, though. :eek: :cool:

Has anybody tried the spray on nylons? I saw it in TJ Maxx yesterday and thought I might try it. My legs can use all the help they can get.

I've never heard of this before. My legs are so pale, I can use some help also:D .

I'll have to look for it next time I'm in T J Maxx

I tried it but hated it (Sally Hansen) Maybe I was expecting too much but it didn't cover spider veins on my white legs well at all. Plus it was warm & part of it looked smudgy on the backs from when I was sitting with my knees bent. I prefer self-tanner, I still have veins & porkey legs but at least they aren't pasty! Maybe you'll have better luck though?

I tried it but hated it (Sally Hansen) Maybe I was expecting too much but it didn't cover spider veins on my white legs well at all. Plus it was warm & part of it looked smudgy on the backs from when I was sitting with my knees bent. I prefer self-tanner, I still have veins & porkey legs but at least they aren't pasty! Maybe you'll have better luck though?

I hadn't thought about sitting, bending at the knees. It would look smudged wouldn't it? That's a lot to think about.

I guess I'll go without the nylons and forget about the spray on kind too.

Bummer! For some reason my legs do not tan. My arms are darker but not my legs. Oh well, such is life, lol.

Great idea though, thanks to whoever asked.

:p i too do the sclero maintenance thing-costs alot & does not get the perfection you see in mags&brochures but like other cosmetic md things ive done,i think the feeling that ive done what i can allows me to let it go a little-same is true for spray hose etc... ladies,i have been able to afford many of the fixes and even w/best docs & money to spend you dont really get those "extreme makeover" results(maybe w/extreme nose issues or really bad teeth-these seem to make the big change ) BEST ADVICE-skip straight to the part where you let it go & have a good time!!

ON formal nights I either wear long pants or a long dress and NEVER wear nylons. In fact I don't even own a pair anymore. Pants and capris to work, no nylons. Shorts and short sun dresses in summer, no nylons. I am beyond caring what others think of my legs, as long as I am comfortable, that's what's important.

In other words, don't wear any. Anyone who spends their time picking apart your bare legs and what they look like isn't worth your time!

Try the Jergens stuff--it really works and doesn't streak. It takes a couple of days for the color to really build, but it's worth the effort, if you don't plan on tanning. If you're really pale, try the medium color--not the dark! For best results, exfoliate in the bath or shower, and then apply. It only takes about 4-5 mins. to dry. After you apply to the tops of your feet, take a wet-wipe and lightly wipe off between your toes, so it won't collect there and get too dark!

You'll be happy with the overall results! It lasts about 5 days, without touch-ups!

ON formal nights I either wear long pants or a long dress and NEVER wear nylons. In fact I don't even own a pair anymore. Pants and capris to work, no nylons. Shorts and short sun dresses in summer, no nylons. I am beyond caring what others think of my legs, as long as I am comfortable, that's what's important.

In other words, don't wear any. Anyone who spends their time picking apart your bare legs and what they look like isn't worth your time!

THANK YOU!

My attitude exactly. Those poor suckers who have to see my pale, fat, cellulite, vericose vein legs. But I don't stop wearing swimsuits or having fun because of it. I do try to be respectful of others and do where a cover up to the pool and neat clothing to the dining rooms, but I am NOT, not going to wear a swimsuit or shorts (where appropriate) when I feel like it.

And don't get me wrong, I have had a little work done and not opposed to it, but it doesn't make you look airbrushed like they do in the magazine.

Enjoying life is so much more important. And like houch said anyone who picks you apart because your not "perfect" isn't worth it. They are the one's with the problem not you.

Sorry, my soapbox.

Linda

Has anybody tried the spray on nylons? I saw it in TJ Maxx yesterday and thought I might try it. My legs can use all the help they can get.

I have used the Nyce legs brand spray on nylons for a few years now. LOVE THEM!! Covers imperfections, vains, what have you. The best thing is it's very easy to apply. Spray it on, give it a minute (60 seconds) and your ready. The color even looks great the next day. The color has a shimmer to it so it actually looks a little like nylons.

I live in the Sunshine State (aka Florida) and so bug bits in the summer I can cover. Who wants to wear nylons in the summer or on a cruise for that matter. They are hot and sticky.

Hope this helps.

Nicole :o

Here's a thought.

In World War II, when nylons were in short supply because of rationing, women would draw lines up the backs of their legs to look like seams.

If you want to be different, give that a try. Make sure you practice, though. :eek: :cool:

Not entirely true. They were not rationing nylons. They were recycling them to make parachutes. ;)

Bummer! For some reason my legs do not tan. My arms are darker but not my legs. Oh well, such is life, lol.

Great idea though, thanks to whoever asked.

My legs also don't tan easily so I use a tan accelerator on them, and sunscreen everywhere else. It helps me and maybe would work for you too.

THANK YOU!

My attitude exactly. Those poor suckers who have to see my pale, fat, cellulite, vericose vein legs. But I don't stop wearing swimsuits or having fun because of it. I do try to be respectful of others and do where a cover up to the pool and neat clothing to the dining rooms, but I am NOT, not going to wear a swimsuit or shorts (where appropriate) when I feel like it.

And don't get me wrong, I have had a little work done and not opposed to it, but it doesn't make you look airbrushed like they do in the magazine.

Enjoying life is so much more important. And like houch said anyone who picks you apart because your not "perfect" isn't worth it. They are the one's with the problem not you.

Sorry, my soapbox.

Linda

You rock Linda!

Positive vibe people are nicer to look at anyway :rolleyes:

A friend of mine swears by the sally hanson stuff. i havent tried it yet, but plan to on the cruise....

I love the Sally Hanson spray on tan. I use the color, Tan Glow, that looks funny when spraying it on, but looks great outdoors on my skin. I can even swim and it stays on. The only thing that will take it off is soap and water. I've used spray-on tans from salons, but it comes off after my first dip into the ocean...funny how I was paler after spending time outdoors! LOL. It doesn't really get on clothing, but if it does...comes right out with cleaning. Wonderful product for me. Some neighbor friends of mine have started using it based on my suggestions and they are all

hooked now too!

Good luck with your trial run!

Archived