Breakfast on last day

HarleyChick

What does everyone do for breakfat on the last day?

Is the buffet served?

Is the dining room open? If it is open, is there enough time to eat there before disembarking?

Do they offer room service? If so, can you stay in your cabin long enough to have time to shower, get dressed, pack and eat?

If you choose self-assist, is there enough time to even have breakfast?

I've seen some posts where people say they're off the ship by 9:15 am. I'm not much of a morning person and I can't imagine being showered, dressed and packed that early.

Am I making a big deal over a non-issue? :o My last cruise was in 1982 and I don't remember many of the details.

Thanks.

I don't think the Dining Room was open on my last cruise, but EVERYONE hit the buffet. Be ready for some lines for sure. I have heard that room service is available as long as the card was on your door the night before the cut off time though. We've never used the breakfast room service, cuz it's all carbs and no hot food.

Carnival offers on the last day both dining room or buffet. In the dining room it is a "shorter menu" but still offers the basics. I like to sleep, so what I used to do is skip breakfast as we live in the Ft. Lauderdale area and have breakfast out when we get home. The last two cruises we had refrigerators so what I would do the evening before I would get sandwiches from room services, fruit, or desserts and put them in the refrigerator and eat them in the cabin that morning. It smart, especially for me not wanting to get up before 8:30am....

The last day of cruise is usually the only time we eat breakfast in the dining room. Might as well, since there really is nothing left to do except sit around and wait for your color to be called :(

The dining room breakfasts all week, as well as the last day, are open seating.

This varies ship to ship.

On three cruises on the Holiday, I had all my meals in the dining room, and had my assigned seating for breakfast, lunch, and dinner - every day, except lunch on port days.

The only time I saw open seating for breakfast in the dining room was on the last morning.

• 1 month later...

Usually up at 7:00. Pack (self-assist disembarkation). Hit the buffet around 8:00. Always had breakfast there every day anyhow. Love Carnival buffet service. :)

On the GLORY last May, I was on the gangway at 9:15, leaving the parking garage at 9:30, and home by 10:15 ! ! Slick ! ! :D

On the Inspiration in July, we had open seating in the dining room breakfast on the last day. It was only the 2nd time during the week that we ate in the dining room for breakfast. Regular breakfast menu. I had Eggs Benedict, bacon, 3 cups of coffee, etc. One last bit of cruise magic and service.

Nothing better to do, except wait to leave (UGH). I would do it again the same way if possible. All ships must not be the same.

WE ate at the restaurant it was open until 9:00 and the buffet was open until 9:30...but if you go to eat at the restaurant as we did...we bascially ate and sat there until our deck was called for debarkation. So they don't kick you out...but they probably stop seating after 9:00.

We do the buffet and I make an absolute pig of myself returning for more and more and more of those melt-in-your-mouth pastries! They're like miniature danishes--two bites and they're gone. The probably have about a million calories but they're sooooo worth the extra carbs/sugars!

We have a rather sour story about the last day's breakfast....

Our waiter on the last night gave our table (8 people minus one couple) some "advice", after receiving tips of course. He said that the best plan was to eat at the buffet on the Lido deck and that would allow us more time, quick service, etc. and the dinning room would be so busy that we might be late. So we all took his advice, except the one couple that wasn't at dinner that night.

Well we see the couple at the lounge where we had to wait to get off the ship and they were asking where we all were that morning. Apparently, our waiter just did not want to work that morning and planned to get out quickly - that was the reason for the "advice".

We had a laugh about it, but we still didn't like being lied to by our waiter whom we really liked.

Happy Travels!

Archived