Carnival Trunk Bay excursion

Joie

Has anyone done this excursion that can tell me how long it takes from ship to beach and how long you actually have at the beach? We will be there in Nov and haven't decided whether to do it on our own or thru the ship.

we did this the first time we were on a cruise..no way will i ever do that again! we take a taxi to red hook, the ferry runs every hour, a few bucks and 10 min on the ferry u will be at st john. take another cab to trunk bay..sounds like alot, but it isnt. the carnival excursion...i think it is about $65 now..it takes about 45 min to get to st john, they have to inform u of the rock formations arond the island..when u get to st john, they get everyone on a tram, this guys stops a few times to fill ya in on the area..by this time i was losing my mind!! as with most carnival excursions u will have a hour maybe a few more minutes on the beach and off u got back...not worth the trouble..last time i did the trunk bay thing, we got there after lunch, the carnival pax were just getting ready to leave..they had towels, we knew they were on our ship..heck, we had to whole beach almost to ourselves!! wonderful..even saw a mongoose come out looking for food people dropped..when we had our fill we took a cab back to catch the 5:00 ferry, missed it by a few secodns. it was pulling out. 6:00 is the last one, at least it was then..so...geee there is a restaurant/bar with happy hour outside right there at the pier!! so..listened to music by locals and had drinks. it was 5:00 after all!! i highly recommend doing this on your own..oh....they only rent snorkel gear until a certain time, we had to beg them to rent fins to us. we had our masks..and they lock the shower area around 4:00...we had to use our bottled water to rinse off the sand..go in the am...or take what u will need along..plenty of taxis too. hope this helps..cindy

Joie, I'm not sure which ship that you'll be on or which excursion that your wanting to take but we did the one M.V. Leniod I think its what the name of the ship was....

We did the afternoon thing..... The excursion started from right at the pier at 12:30 PM... Took about 30 min +/- to arrive at Trunk Bay, they had an informative little narration of some of the islands we passed going to St John.... Fitted everyone who was interested in snorkling, gear on the way over... Once we arrived at Trunk Bay they dropped anchor or not, those that were snorkling were lead to the back of the boat were they entered the water... those who weren't interested in snorkling were ferried to the beach on 6 man Zodiac boats..... stayed in the bay almost 2 hours before we loaded up to head back to the pier.... they opened the bar then, rum punch was mighty tasty and free flowing..... we got back to the pier at 4:30 PM and boarded the ship for a 5:00 PM departure........

Joey

Joie, I'm not sure which ship that you'll be on or which excursion that your wanting to take but we did the one M.V. Leniod I think its what the name of the ship was....

We did the afternoon thing..... The excursion started from right at the pier at 12:30 PM... Took about 30 min +/- to arrive at Trunk Bay, they had an informative little narration of some of the islands we passed going to St John.... Fitted everyone who was interested in snorkling, gear on the way over... Once we arrived at Trunk Bay they dropped anchor or not, those that were snorkling were lead to the back of the boat were they entered the water... those who weren't interested in snorkling were ferried to the beach on 6 man Zodiac boats..... stayed in the bay almost 2 hours before we loaded up to head back to the pier.... they opened the bar then, rum punch was mighty tasty and free flowing..... we got back to the pier at 4:30 PM and boarded the ship for a 5:00 PM departure........

Joey

I think you may be referring to the Leylon Sneed (5 Star Trunk Bay excusion) which Carnival has terminated. I was booked for this in a couple weeks and all of a sudden my booking disappeared from the CCL website. I called and was told that the Leylon Sneed failed a US Coast Guard inspection so they had to cancel all bookings. It has now been deleted as a choice on the shore excursions section. I don't know if they will ever reinstate this if/when they bring the vessel up to USCG standards??

I think you may be referring to the Leylon Sneed (5 Star Trunk Bay excusion) which Carnival has terminated. I was booked for this in a couple weeks and all of a sudden my booking disappeared from the CCL website. I called and was told that the Leylon Sneed failed a US Coast Guard inspection so they had to cancel all bookings. It has now been deleted as a choice on the shore excursions section. I don't know if they will ever reinstate this if/when they bring the vessel up to USCG standards??

This is still showing available on our Glory cruise for September. Has been there the whole time.

Yes, that's the ship I was speaking about.... ummmmmm, well, it was sea worthy when we were on it in May, at least it was that day..:confused: .... Its a decent tour too.... I would try something different next time but not because this wasn't a good excursion......

Joey

tnsail, that sounds like a fun excursion! joie, make sure u get this one if it is available, the carnival excursion we did, we took a ferry type boat over to st john with stops so they can tell u about rocks in the water..then had to get on a tram and they stopped again to give us the 411...if u like that kinda thing, its fine, but we wanted the beach as we knew carnival only allows u an hour on the beach b4 they herd all the pax to return..the one tnsail is talking about sounds great! we r doing a daysail thru the ship in sept, i posted on here for info..it sounds ok too. no ride in a tram for an hour, they pick us up right at the pier and go to a shipwreck on a catamaran to snorkel...make sure u get the one u want...cindy

I just booked this excursion today for mY Valor cruise in Nov.

This is so strange..... I still do not see this excursion (5 Star Trunk Bay) listed for the Liberty for my sail date (8/18). However, I do see it for all the ships that have St. Thomas for a port. Maybe they are re-instating the excursion for sailings after next week??? Weird!

For those booked on this excursion - enjoy!! :)

This is so strange..... I still do not see this excursion (5 Star Trunk Bay) listed for the Liberty for my sail date (8/18). However, I do see it for all the ships that have St. Thomas for a port. Maybe they are re-instating the excursion for sailings after next week??? Weird!

For those booked on this excursion - enjoy!! :)

Or maybe the ship is booked that day on a private charter, or scheduled maintenance, or..., or.... :D

Or maybe the ship is booked that day on a private charter, or scheduled maintenance, or..., or.... :D

Perhaps... but then Carnival's shore excursion dept. wasn't truthful with me since they cancelled this excursion for my sailing and told me that the vessel failed a US Coast Guard inspection on 7/25.

Oh well....

• 2 weeks later...

Joey

Hi tnsail,

I, along with my DH and 2 other couples are booked for this excursion and are very excited. Did you actually snorkel?? Or did you go to the beach? I read on another thread that there wasn't many fish to see when they were there...don't know exactally when that was, BUT was hoping that isn't really the case!

I was also hoping for some more detailed info on what you actually see when snorkeling there...please help/inform.

Thank you! - Rhonda

Archived