Vision aft balconies?

Okay I'm confused . . . from the RCI deck plans, it looks like the corner JS on deck 8 are true wraparound balconies, but the corner D1 balconies on deck 7 are not.

But then I did a search on webshots, and from the picture it looks like they both wrap around. Then, I read a post saying that "the Vision class ships don't have wraparound balconies in the true sense of the word." ARGH.

Can anybody with personal experience clarify? :o

We had a corner aft on Legend in March (7126) and it DID NOT wrap around. Solid wall on the outside. There was supposed to be a glass partition there as well, but it had broken and had not yet been repaired. That may have not been the best cruise to try the aft balcony on, but I have decided I prefer hump/midship locations. Too long a walk back to the cabin.

we had a deck 8 corner aft JS and it wrapped around just the length of a lounge chair. There's a structural support in that corner. There was a door outside our cabin door leading to a short cut to the muster stations in the even of a real emergency so there is a walkway from the corner of the balcony towards the lifeboats. The corner afts on the other decks might not have this walkway feature and thus aren't big wrap arounds. Just corner cabins. I've posted the pics of the Deck 8 Js corner aft at webshots (wolfcathorse) Vision OTS 12-24-06

http://family.webshots.com/album/556868885vOhoTo

Thanks for the input guys!

Wolfcathorse: it's true' date=' a picture is worth a thousand words :)[/font']

I was on a deck 7 corner, my sister was on the other and they both wrapped around and were LARGE. perfect for Alaska....

have a great cruise!!! pam:)

Vision and Rhapsody are the only Vision-class ships with TRUE wraparound corner aft balconies (on both decks 8 and 7).

Check out the Rhapsody 8088 photos linked in my sig. We have also sailed Vision 8588. Exactly the same except mirror image. We fit two regular deck chairs and a table on the wraparound portion. Deck 7 corner aft balconies are even larger (deeper all the way around).

IMO, these are the best blaconies, by far, of any on any RCCL ship.

It will spoil you for any other aft cabin (including the infamous 1100 on Radiance-class).

Wow' date=' now that's saying something!!

Just out of curiosity, what is it about the Vision/Rhapsody afts that you prefer?

[/font']

Did you see the photos of Radiance 1100 balcony also linked in my sig as compared to the photos of Rhapsody 8088 balcony?! I think the balcony photos speak for themselves. You can't even stand on the faux wraparound portion of the balcony on 1100. Much less set up 2 deck chairs and a table in total and complete privacy of the true wraparounds on Rhapsody/Vision.

While the cabin 1100 is a bit larger and has the awesome walk-in closet, the balconies hardly compare. Don't get me wrong, 1100 is fabulous and if I cruise a Radiance-class ship again it would definitely be my cabin of choice. But give me a Rhapsody/Vision corner aft any day. :cool:

And just to show that reasonable minds can disagree, I'd take 1100 over 8088 (have had both) any day. 8088/8588 do have better balconies, but as a package (cabin plus balcony), I don't think you can beat 1100 in the JS category. The cabin is a LOT larger, the closet is a true walk-in (handy for getting the DH out of the way;) ) and the furniture is nicer, with a really comfy chair & ottoman.

But you can't go wrong with either!

Archived