Garantee Inside Cabin-Ecstacy

WJ228

Just make sure they don't give you any cabin numbered 299, no matter what deck it is on. These cabins indicate they accommodate 4 people. However, the cabin is at least one foot narrower than other cabins in the category and you cannot hardly turn around. We (myself, daughter and 2 granddaughters) had Cabin #E299 on the Fantasy. It was the most horrible cabin ever. So small we could hardly pass each other. We complained, however, Carnival still lists it as same category, size.

Back in april I booked an IS Gty for the Elation sailing on 9/22/07. Just looked this morning and we were upgraded to a 4C and we have an inside room on the Upper Deck. I am excited because I have never been above the Riviera Deck on my 4 previous cruises.

The last two times we've booked an IS gurantee we've been upgraded to an ocean view on the riviera deck. This time we got a higher deck so I'm really excited.

Can't wait to book our shore excursions!

I think booking an inside gurantee is a great way to save a little money on the fare and who knows you just might get bumped up to something a little better, you never know!!

We booked a ISguarantee for our 10/29/07 cruise on the Ecstasy. We received our room assignment today and got upgraded to a 5A, the room with the two porthole windows. Has anyone been in one of theses rooms?

As a matter of fact I have been in a 5A on Ecstasy. What exactly did you want to know. We didnt know anything and to be honest it was our first real cruise other than day cruises a long time ago. We didnt like the step up to the bathroom and had rough weather. The waves slapped against our porthole for more than 24 hours, which was kinda fun. We were on the bottom deck, Riveria deck. I was happy to get to see out. We booked the cabin directly, not a guarantee.

Picture038-1.jpg

PLease excuse my ignorance, but is an inside gty the same as a 1A ?

No, a 1A is below a inside guarantee. A 1A is meant for solo cruisers and the single supplement is less. Some 1As have a upper and lower bunk.

The "IS" guarantee is a 4A or higher, so you will not be placed in a 1A. An "IS" is how it shows on the Carnival site. You will not get bunks unless its a quad cabin, you will get a full bed on the floor or two twins if the beds are pulled apart, with a few exceptions such as some handicapped 4Bs. If you get one of those 4 handicapped someone asked and was transferred to a regular cabin.

As a matter of fact I have been in a 5A on Ecstasy. What exactly did you want to know. We didnt know anything and to be honest it was our first real cruise other than day cruises a long time ago. We didnt like the step up to the bathroom and had rough weather. The waves slapped against our porthole for more than 24 hours, which was kinda fun. We were on the bottom deck, Riveria deck. I was happy to get to see out. We booked the cabin directly, not a guarantee.

Picture038-1.jpg

Firefly,

We have been assigned to R7 Riviera Desk, I was wondering if this was a nice room, how about sounds, and what the general thoughts were. Thanks the the picture.

I was in R23, that is only 4 cabins toward mid ship from you on the same side.

I have heard some say on the port side they could hear the dropping of the anchor, but I couldnt hear it. My sister has some problems and that step up to the bathroom was our only complaint, but we had fun.

We had a lot of rain and storms, typical that time of year I hear. The only problem was when the waves were hitting our port hole they left behind those salty drops you can sort of see on the port holes which made it not as nice to look thru when the windows were all salt spotted. Someone else posted who was furious and said he went to the purser's desk multiple times demanding they clean the salt spray from the windows. I guess it never occured to me to complain, but you did notice the spray on the windows.

It was so stormy I never got to use the slide into the pool. They kept closing it and the upper decks because of the bad storm, that was the only downside to being on the ship during that bad storm we had. I had planned on jogging on the jogging trail, my hair stood on end in the wind lol and the next day they wouldnt let me up there at all.

I've done this a few times and got upgraded twice. I really don't care because the rooms are the same for an "Inside" regardless of the floor. I am a nocturnal animal and I love the dark so any "Inside" was way cool with me. I prefer the middle of the ship which I have always gotten so I have no compaints. The Ecstacy is cool and I have sailed that ship twice. I'll be there again in November with several family members. My first time sailing withh family so we'll see how it goes. Have a GREAT TRIP!!!;)

• 1 month later...
There are some rooms at the front of the the ship on the main and riviera decks that have 2 portholes. These usually cost the same as an inside cabin. It's just enough to where you don't feel too claustrophobic. We were in M11 and M7 last month.

Sophiecat

Any pics of m11? Can you post them?

I booked a 1A guarantee on Imagination (drydocking next month for total refurb) months ago for the end of January, for me and hubby. Fabulous price, and if we don't get the upgrade we'll sleep in the bunks, no problem (hey, after 30 years of marriage, I'm more interested in the food on the ship!:rolleyes: ). At the time I booked with a PVP, he told me there were 19 1As on the ship and 7 were already booked by cabin number. As of now, if I "book" as if a new booking, the 1A guarantees are gone and there are only 3 left by number. I've watched the number of 1As bookable by actual cabin number dwindle over the months. So I figure at this point, I'm either getting one of those 3 1As left or an upgrade. Too early to check a cabin number, it's still showing as TBA.

The only other time I booked an inside guarantee (on RCI) I got the inside guarantee--but it was a handicapped cabin and HUGE!!!

Keeping fingers and toes crossed.

Robin

• 2 years later...

I booked an inside guarantee on the destiny for the 17th of may, through my local regular travel agent, I registered on carnival with the booking number. at first it says cabin # TBA until they assign you a room. We got our room assignment the other day. It was a 4G. lido deck inside hadicaped room(NO I did not ask for it). so we are happy to be closer to the daytime action. the price was great! I don't think I would want to pay any more money just for a window (we spend little time in the room) I would however pay more for a balcony IF THE PRICE WERE RIGHT;)

I am sure your parents will appreciate your thoughtfulness no matter what room they get.:)

[quote name='Rista1313']I was wondering how far in advance Carnival gives you a cabin number? I did IS GTY and my paperwork says 4D E299 I'm hoping that will change as some point.. as I don't even see a room that says 299.

Thanks![/quote]

Iv heard some feedback on cabins 299s on Fantasy class ships that they are smaller, which I hope isnt the case with you.

I got E123 with a 4A guarantee once, a HC cabin, 4E also. Thats been my only guarantee. Id had a $60 drop in price which the TA didnt want to process and they upgraded me from my original booking.

Archived