Conquest - Soda and/or Liquor confiscated?

DG2007

We are going on the 8/19 Conquest and I was wondering if anyone else has successfully taken liquor and soda on board recently. I love Mountain Dew and want to take some on in my checked baggage and we'd also like to take on some vodka. Do you think we'll have any problems? Thanks so much! This is our first cruise so we have a million questions.

Still waiting for a chance on Conquest, I haven't found a "great deal" during a time when I could travel. However, I've been on the Ecstasy twice in the past year (out of Galveston, same as Conquest) and haven't had any trouble bringing water or sodas. As for bringing alcohol, which I promise I know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about....how DID that stuff end up inside a Ziploc in my checked luggage???

By the way, as stated on another thread, state law only allows Texans to bring back 1 liter of alcohol. I haven't had any trouble bringing back 2 (each adult)...this was declared to the customs agent, who just gave me the "no big deal" shrug. Oh, and that alcohol that jumped in my suitcase to go on the cruise with me, jumped back in to come home with me--didn't finish it. It was nice to have a drink in the room, but drinks on deck and in lounges were from the bar.

Put the booze in the checked luggage, in Ziplock bags.

For soda..that's fine for carry on. Or get two 12packs duct tape them together..make a handle with the tape and slap a luggage tag on them--they'll show up in your cabin with the other luggage.

We are going on the 8/19 Conquest and I was wondering if anyone else has successfully taken liquor and soda on board recently. I love Mountain Dew and want to take some on in my checked baggage and we'd also like to take on some vodka. Do you think we'll have any problems? Thanks so much! This is our first cruise so we have a million questions.
Come over to roll call we have a great group.

Archived