Formal Nights/4 day cruise

valleyduo

Hello,

My wife and I will be taking our first 4 night repositioning cruise out of Vancouver this fall on HAL. Does anyone know if there is usually a scheduled formal night on a trip of this duration?

Cheers,

ValleyDuo

My mother & I took the 4 day repositioning cruise from San Diego to Vancouver last May on the Ryndam. There was one formal night, the rest were casual. One couple at our table hadn't realized that there would be a formal night, and didn't have any formal clothes with them, so they chose to eat in the Lido that night.

Hello Carolyn,

No we are on the Oct. 2 departure to San Diego. We haven't filled out our boarding info just yet. Perhaps we should do it soon as it may tell us more. This is my first on HAL and my wife's 3rd but for both our first short repositioning cruise. My other experience has been with RCL and then with Carnival in 2009 so I am anxious to compare lines.

Cheers,

Don

I was on a 4 day repositioning cruise on the Zaandam from San Diego to Vancouver. There was a formal night and the others were casual. Choosing to not take formal wear, we opted for the Lido that night.

Hello Carolyn,

No we are on the Oct. 2 departure to San Diego. We haven't filled out our boarding info just yet. Perhaps we should do it soon as it may tell us more. This is my first on HAL and my wife's 3rd but for both our first short repositioning cruise. My other experience has been with RCL and then with Carnival in 2009 so I am anxious to compare lines.

Cheers,

Don

Have a great cruise! Let us know what you think after your first HAL cruise. :)

When you get your cruise documents in the mail (should be soon if not yet) it will tell you about the 1 formal night and 3 smart casual.

Archived