Suggestions? Looking for a cruise between Christmas and New Years....

ssolomon56

My DH and I cruise quite a bit, but we've never cruised between Christmas and New Years before. We're thinking about booking something this year. We wouldn't want to leave until AFTER Christmas. Anyone booked on anything during that time that looks wonderful? We live in Northern California...but could fly wherever we need to (of course).

Any ideas?

On several of the cruise it includes both Christmas and New Years although some do not.

Let me give you one very important piece of advice. These cruises are very popular and book early so many are probably completely sold out already so I would recommend you think about the cruise lines that you might want to sail with and start researching price, itinerary and then availability. Also, be aware that the costs are higher over these holidays. And, factor in the airline costs which are also higher as well. I think cruising over the holidays is wonderful. Just wanted you to consider all of this and again I would move on this sooner rather than later.

Keith

Go to a local travel agent and get brochures or google Christmas cruises and see what comes up. Every cruise line will be on the water during the holidays, so it's just a matter of finding what you want. BUT, it's quite a bit more expensive to cruise during the holidays, and there are tons of kids on board, if that means anything to you. You will also have to decide rather quickly because holiday cruises book very early. Another thing you might face is the day Christmas falls. If it's a Saturday or Sunday, you might find it a little more difficult to find one that leaves on the 26th.

Archived